cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Hopper upgrade

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
The new "upgrade" for the Dish Hopper is a mess! I just hate it when something that is working perfectly is changed for no good reason. Such is my experience with the latest hopper upgrade. I have lost the ability to access my favorites list as well as my schedule guide. I spent over one hour with a tech a few nights ago to no avail.

She took over my hopper via remote and had no success. She then announced to me that they have had several such complaints and the good news is that they have referred the matter to their engineering department for resolution. She told me that I will hear from them within 5-7 days. Right.

I told her when a company tells me that someone will contact me in a week I seldom ever hear from them again. I also mentioned that I expect a reduction in next months bill because I am paying for something that is not working properly thru no fault of my own. I insisted she put that in my account info.

After that call I was upset enough that except for the fact that MH dish is set up for Dish and changing would be a pain, I was ready to cancel Dish and switch to Direct and I have been with Dish for 20 years.

Rant over.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley
7 REPLIES 7

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
fpoole wrote:
RE: Favorites

I don't know if this applies or not, but I've had to reset my "Fav" channels on most the exchanges. It was getting so obnoxious that I finally wrote them down to allow me to figure out and input the ones I needed in the various categories, like NEWS and SyFy.. my created ones. Rarely will the box pick up the supposedly "SAVED" info that it claims to have. Sometimes it only save 4-6 stations..

Hope that helps a little, a PITA to keep having to do it again and again, and again..

I just finished doing exactly what you suggest. I hit "remove all" of my favorites as much as I hated to do it. I then reloaded all of them going thru all 600+ channels and moving the ones I wanted. Very tedious and frustrating but two of our three tv's are now done. The aggravating part is that I could see my favorites and the list was correct, but there was no way to actually view them and the program guide only listed 8 channels and would not change pages.

But I have now found a way to do it, PITA for sure. Some of the new stuff is good, some features we lost are sorely missed, but it is what it is and the good news is that it now works as it should and the program guide now rotates thru the entire favorites list again.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
RE: Favorites

I don't know if this applies or not, but I've had to reset my "Fav" channels on most the exchanges. It was getting so obnoxious that I finally wrote them down to allow me to figure out and input the ones I needed in the various categories, like NEWS and SyFy.. my created ones. Rarely will the box pick up the supposedly "SAVED" info that it claims to have. Sometimes it only save 4-6 stations..

Hope that helps a little, a PITA to keep having to do it again and again, and again..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
gatorcq wrote:
upgrade no problem.
The menu does look different, but I can access all.
you still need

Menu>Setting> then you can locate favorites - However at this point you do have to read the screen.

Changing channels in your Fav is now using the arrows < >, this moves a channel out (<), this moves channel into your Fav (>). I have found the new upgrade removes one level of menu to my Fav's.

Of course you can always press the help button

yea I tried all that so did the Dish tech to no avail. The closest we could get to the favorites was a screen showing them vertically listed on the right and all channels listed on the left. On that screen I could add or delete channels to the favorites but not actually select them for viewing. My guide screen shows one page of my favorites list the highest 8 channels only and cannot be changed up or down to the next page with arrows or the page up or page down buttons.

The help button was used as wel to no avail.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
upgrade no problem.
The menu does look different, but I can access all.
you still need

Menu>Setting> then you can locate favorites - However at this point you do have to read the screen.

Changing channels in your Fav is now using the arrows < >, this moves a channel out (<), this moves channel into your Fav (>). I have found the new upgrade removes one level of menu to my Fav's.

Of course you can always press the help button
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
My upgrade went smooth as silk and is now integrated with Alexa. Now I can just sit back and bark a channel to Alexa and she will change it.

My two Hoppers w/Slings and a Joey are scheduled for the new CUI update on the 27th. I sure hope everything goes smoothly!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
My upgrade went smooth as silk and is now integrated with Alexa. Now I can just sit back and bark a channel to Alexa and she will change it.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I hear that.. while I don't have the "hopper" I went 3 months around and around with DISH Chat/support just to get my Wally to work right. POS and didn't work at all with Winegard antenna, mid sized white roof dome one, and just stayed with my 211z, but I KNOW the feeling...

I was looking at Direct, but just couldn't find the programs I like on their schedule for apx same $$.... so sticking it out with the DISH w/211z receiver and all appears to be working well.. (part of the problem was the Winegard Antenna which I had to ship back to them for fixing, so not all Dish'S Fault, but their Wally just never worked right, kept rebooting etc, went thru 4 of them within 2 months..

So, I know the feeling... I wouldn't begin to get involved with their Hopper.. You might just go back to the old one if possible until they can get their act together.. just a thought, it's what I did..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website