cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find leak

BayouBoys
Explorer
Explorer
I apparently developed a leak. The floor in the bunk room near the window has a very noticeable soft spot that seems to be getting worse. It is obviously a leak but can't find where it is coming from. I have noticed some slight delamination on the back wall starting about the halfway mark.
1. There are not water marks on the ceiling or the wall.
2. Rear slide is in immaculate condition.
3. I have never found any standing water inside.
4. Tried running a hose on the roof to identify the leak with no luck.
5. I inspected the caulk on the roof and back wall and have not found and obvious cracks to explain the leak.
Has anyone else run into this issue, if so what did you find? All I can do at this point is re-caulk the entire back end and cross my fingers. I am open to all suggestions.
2014 Passport 3220BH
2019 Ford F250 6.7L
14 REPLIES 14

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
I had a sealtech test done. It was $120 for the test and another $150 to caulk the "spot". Still worth it for the piece of mind.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
A pinhole leak exposed by pressurized interior:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
I would absolutely check the marker lights - pinhole in the caulk can cause what you're talking about. Also, while the back wall may in fact have a leak, Passports have "hung" back walls, meaning they aren't laminated. Which also means it isn't delaminating.
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 trailer would have a puddle of water in the middle of the floor after a rain. But this was only when the awning was closed. Three trips to the dealer and they kept telling me the rain was getting in around my water heater. the pulled the water heater and reinstalled with new sealant. The trailer still leaked. While on a ladder one day I found the window above the water heater had the gasket installed upside down. The expansion joint was on the top of the window. Rain ran right in the joint and down the wall.
Check the window gaskets.
John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

BayouBoys
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have rechaulked the roof joint at the real wall. Don't know if this will solve the problem or not. I will definately investigate the Sealtech pressurization.
2014 Passport 3220BH
2019 Ford F250 6.7L

realebill
Explorer
Explorer
I had a water problem on my camper. i could not find any places that water could be coming in until I removed the rubber strip along the gutter rail and found that a large number of the screws were rusty and loose. its seems that water was wicking into these loose screw holes and seeping down into the wall. after a heavy rain I would discover water stains on the door sill, the window sills and any where there was an opening in the wall. I eventually replaced all the screws in the strips with stainless screws,applied caulk to them when i replaced them and made sure the screws were tightened sufficiently. end result, stopped all the water leaks.
2006 gmc sierra 1500,not used as TV
2008 rockwood 8315SS sig. ultralite
2004 carolina skiff J16
2 50cc retro mopeds

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Have the rig pressure tested - only cost about $100 in my area - they will identify the various points of entry and likely give you and estimate for fixing. DIY is fine .. but you want to find the leak ASAP and it doesn't cost that much to have a pro do this test.
Kevin

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Check the marker lights too.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
its whicking up from the screws at the bottom edge of the slide

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
look for a U tube that tells you how to do a leak test yourself. ain,t hard,and you already have an idea where it is.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Sealtech is a national company (franchises) that are able to perform an interior pressurized leak test. You can also DIY if you have a blower that will introduce enough air. I use a furnace squirrel cage blowing in through a window. It develops more pressure than what Sealtech uses.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Could be the window, could be the seal around the slide. If other areas look good that would be my next point of concern.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
You can take it to a dealership, and have it pressurized. They will be able to pinpoint the leak. Then you can figure out what to do.

Maybe they will depends on the quality of the dealership
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can take it to a dealership, and have it pressurized. They will be able to pinpoint the leak. Then you can figure out what to do.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers