cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Coaxial Cable In Bedroom

simple274
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the old tv in bedroom and when I pulled the tv out, there was another coaxial cable that was back there. It was not connected to anything.
Any ideas what it would be for?

Thank You
5 REPLIES 5

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
The first thing I would do is look at the three or four places that cables normally terminate, outside cabinet with the shore hookup from the pedestal and/or satellite input, cabinet above the dash where the B.O.M.B. and power supply for the antenna is, behind the front TV. In my case there is a cabinet above the driver with Sat. hookups and one over Passenger for the sound system and antenna and DVD player is located along with the B.O.M.B. The input for the Sat comes directly into the coach thru the roof but many have a cable hookup for a Qube or other remote Sat. dish.

If there is a unattached cable or if you find a cable connected to the B.O.M.B. that is not for the TVs you have that could be it. Look first, then, buy a wire tracing setup. They run from $20 to $20,000 bucks. Some RV shops have them and will trace it for you.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Or, it could be a feed for a bedroom VCR/DVR.

In any case, it doesn't matter until you find the other end of that cable. Once you know that, you can then decide what you want to use it for.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It might be for a Sat Receiver.. If you can take a look at it. Now understand none of this really matters

RG-6 or RG-59
if you can't see markings is it BIGGER (Fatter) than the other cable.

Option 2 if you did not buy new.. Replacement cable in use, ORIGINAL failed but was left in place.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Moved from Forum Technical Support

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be for back up camera if on rear of rig.
Could be for satelite receiver
Looks like new rig. May want to contact dealer or manufactuer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker