cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sierra Skies RV Park in Sierra City, CA. Opinions please

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We took a little trip over the mountain today and spent a little while in Sierra City. Have seen this park a couple of times and it looks like a relaxing spot. Has anyone ever stayed there?

There is still a bit of snow over the Gold Lake Road and in the higher elevations. Still 90* at the summit and the turnoff into Gold Lake Lodge but a couple of good drifts still hanging on. Heck, it was 98* in Sierra City...
Thanks
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
2 REPLIES 2

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
And I want to add that our 5th Wheel is right at 35'
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't been to an RV Park up there, but I've stayed at several of the USFS campgrounds in that area. It's a great area.

If you are good with dry camping, a bit further north/east on Hwy 49 and you'll get to the Lakes Basin area. There are a bunch of campgrounds there that sit near one of the many lakes. Lots of fishing to be had. There are hiking trails that connect the lakes. Gold Lake is a gorgeous lake and has a nice trail around it. You can also get a great handmade milkshake at Bassetts Station. Many of the area's camphosts will rent a room at Bassetts Station for a night each week to get a good shower, eat at the restaurant, etc.

It's really a great area.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)