cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banff Alb campgrounds

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning to spend a week in the Banff area in late September, and are looking for recommendations as to where to stay.

We're a 37'TT, (with dog) capable of boondocking, but prefer full services for this particular stay! We're open to suggestions...Prov. Parks, or commercial campgrounds or where ever we can find a suitable site!

Appreciate any suggestions or recommendations!
Lifelong 'rag-bagger', now sailing on wheels!
9 REPLIES 9

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
I enjoy Lake Louise far more than Banff. The main campground in LL is near the railway line and has an electric fence to keep bears out.

The old highway has excellent campgrounds with no services.

Nights will be cold.

Actually it's just the LL Tent Campground that has the electric fence. Hard-sided units use the LL Trailer Campground (which does not have an electric fence.)

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
pyoung47 wrote:
Singleminded wrote:
Managed to get a reservation for the time slot we wanted in Mountain Tunnel Trailer Court....thanks everyone for your assistance!

Now, any suggestions in the Vancouver area ( not right in town...) ?

Thanks!

Prnce.

There is also a free one way (charge to come back) bus from the entrance of the park into town. Parking in town is an issue. On the other hand, the town is just a huge tourist mecca of restaurants and gift shops.

Last time I was in Banff I bought a day pass for transit. Paid for it when I got on the bus at the campground and could hop on and off all day. Saved the hassle of finding parking and moving every 2 hours.and could ride the bus to the hotel, the Cave and Basin and pretty much everywhere, then back to the campsite.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Singleminded wrote:
Managed to get a reservation for the time slot we wanted in Mountain Tunnel Trailer Court....thanks everyone for your assistance!

Thanks!

Prnce.

There is also a free one way (charge to come back) bus from the entrance of the park into town. Parking in town is an issue. On the other hand, the town is just a huge tourist mecca of restaurants and gift shops.

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks!

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Not sure if they accept reservations this far out but we're going to try the Trailer Park a lot of you have recommended!

Really looking forward to our cross Canada journey!

DaveG39
Explorer
Explorer
As for Trailer court. nice place. I first booked for last summer. Full. kept logging in daily or twice daily and got a cancellation.
2007 TropiCal LX towing 2012 Honda
CRV, Goleta, CA

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Go with the tunnel mountain trailer court with full hookups. It our favourite campground in all of the Canada, Its hard to get in. You can book on line, but if they show it as full they still keep some site for people just showing up...if people have not renewed their site by 11:am, and you are in line, you get a spot...

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
In Banff, Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court has full hook-ups. Tunnel Mountain Village II has electric only. (I believe there are a few full hook-ups in Village II, but not many.l Tunnel Mountain Village I has no serviced sites.

Have a great trip.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I enjoy Lake Louise far more than Banff. The main campground in LL is near the railway line and has an electric fence to keep bears out.

The old highway has excellent campgrounds with no services.

Nights will be cold.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.