cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snow Roof coating on EPDM roof

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 Southwind 32V roof has only leaked in the right rear closet above the ladder where the ladder attachment points were not sealed where the ladder tube slid in the flanges. The EPDM roof had never been coated and the factory white finish was gone on parts of it. The Rubber roof was black and oxidizing some places, causing black streaks on the sides after a rain.
I studied for a few months trying to get a handle on what to use that would last on the EPDM. I'm 68, I know if I keep the 2000, I don't want to be on top of it doing this again at 72 AND, it sits outside in the Texas summer Sun.

I used the Snow Roof product with it's primer. 32' used 3 gallons of top coat and 1 gallon of primer. No more black streaks on the paint. I used simple green and a brush to clean it first. It's also rated for EPDM when used with primer and has a 12 year warranty, and it's water based so the cleanup is easier.
https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Roof-KST-Coatings-MC-1/dp/B000X0K5AW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498484841&s...
2000 F53 Southwind 32v
2 REPLIES 2

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Thanks for the info. I restored the roof on our 96 Southwind about a year ago with Heng's Rubber Roof Coating. It as easy to apply and no primer was needed.

It has held up to the sun, rain, wind, snow and ice. Obviously Pennsylvania doesn't get the sun damage like in Texas.

Give us an update in about a year and let us know how it held up.
Our Southwind is 37' but the actual roof is 30'. I used 2 1/2 gallons to apply two coats.
Will do
2000 F53 Southwind 32v

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I restored the roof on our 96 Southwind about a year ago with Heng's Rubber Roof Coating. It as easy to apply and no primer was needed.

It has held up to the sun, rain, wind, snow and ice. Obviously Pennsylvania doesn't get the sun damage like in Texas.

Give us an update in about a year and let us know how it held up.
Our Southwind is 37' but the actual roof is 30'. I used 2 1/2 gallons to apply two coats.