cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Joy Rider Shock system

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I am mainly posting this to show how much the center spring shackle bracket moves on a 5th wheel trailer.

Look at about 1:30 of the video. I was surprised at the lateral movement of the bracket that is welded to the frame of the trailer.

Joy Rider shock system.
4 REPLIES 4

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46

Yes I have a 5th wheel 2017 Jayco North Point I pull with a 2017 F350 CCSB and B&W hitch with 6 1/2" of bed clearance.

The cross member I added and is a MORryde X-Factor

The disk brakes I had done by Performance Trailer Braking

Yes I have heavy duty shackles and wet bolts. I had them put on at the dealer at purchase.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
2naEagle wrote:
I put them on my North Point 315RLTS.
Because of grand-kids playing ball I have not even had a chance to get it out of the drive way. Hoping to get out soon.

I looked up a North Point 315RLTS and it came back as a 5th wheel.

Is that correct?

Three things I noticed.

First your axles are on top of the springs. What are you towing with and do you have at least 6 inches from bed rail to trailer?

Second I noticed a cross member between the spring hangers. Was that factory or did you add it?

Third disk brakes. Factory or did you convert to disk? What disk system do you have?

Last looks like you have wet bolts.

I like the looks of the Joy Rider Shock system. I found it by accident on YouTube last night.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
I put them on my North Point 315RLTS.
Because of grand-kids playing ball I have not even had a chance to get it out of the drive way. Hoping to get out soon.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I watched it but from that viewpoint and the movement of the ground, it was really hard to tell if it was actual movement or just the illusion of movement due to the viewing angle.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"