cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black/Grey tank by-pass

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 07' Cedar Creek Daydreamer with three separate waste tanks, two grey and one black and the one thing they all have in common is they all have those P.O.S. drainmaster electric valves (I wouldn't wish these on my worst enemy!!), as we basically go pin-to-pin every six months I realized I only need these tanks while in transit so why not fit a by-pass system to go straight down the sewer connection?

Anyone out there done this?? Thanks in advance!

Red Green: "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word meaning "I don't hunt so good."
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blücher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...
8 REPLIES 8

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:
You can't do it on the black tank. All the solids will hit the empty tank bottom and pile up.

I have been "parked" for 3 years now. I leave my drain lines open in the dump position all the time. No problem with "pile up". Be sure to use lots of water (with the solids) in the toilet.

However, I can not suggest removing the dump valves. You never know when you may need to close the valve. They do make an add-on slide valve that could be added if one need to use the valve.
My neighbor at the seasonal site said the very same thing about leaving the black tank drain open. Took a few years then he had one heck of a mess. Guess what on their new trailer they don't do that any more.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Snowman9000 wrote:
You can't do it on the black tank. All the solids will hit the empty tank bottom and pile up.

I have been "parked" for 3 years now. I leave my drain lines open in the dump position all the time. No problem with "pile up". Be sure to use lots of water (with the solids) in the toilet.

However, I can not suggest removing the dump valves. You never know when you may need to close the valve. They do make an add-on slide valve that could be added if one need to use the valve.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
CarnationSailor wrote:

I think the OP wants to bypass the black tank and connect straight to the sewer. Nothing could pile up in the black tank if nothing goes into it.

I don't think that is what he wants AT ALL.
The solids would still accumulate in the HOSE.

Unless maybe you positioned the toilet outlet perfectly above the sewer inlet pipe.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure how you would bypass the output from the toilet going to the black tank on a temporary basis but if you figure it out, make sure your toilet will dispense enough water each time to move things all the way to the sewer lest you create a real mess.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind that a flush in your home toilet uses a lot more water than a flush from the standard RV toilet. There are reasons for that.

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Snowman9000 wrote:

I think the OP wants to bypass the black tank and connect straight to the sewer. Nothing could pile up in the black tank if nothing goes into it.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:

And leaving ANY of the tanks open to the sewer connection all the time is NOT a good idea.......because gasses, odors and varmints can come back up the hose.

Then.....what IS the problem with the electric valves ? And opening them to dump every few days ?? It IS OK to leave the hose connected, just don't leave the valves open.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Currently RV-less but not done yet.