cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mildew smell

pvene4664
Explorer
Explorer
in my Class A motorhome Im having an issue with a mildew smell. I have checked every cabinet, the carpet,the canopy, everything I can think of. My front a/c has started dripping from the roof instead of the tube under the rv. Has anyone had this issue with this drainline clogging and how did you solve the issue? also, have any of you had an issue with mold inside your walls?
5 REPLIES 5

st687
Explorer
Explorer
Take a wet dry vac and suck it out of the drain tube.
Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.:)

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
When luan gets wet, it bubbles out and we could see the damage under the infused wallpaper. The pull-out table was also damaged and needed repair.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

karaokegal
Explorer
Explorer
yankeeclipper how did you find it inside the walls

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Once you find the source of your smell, fix it and then go rent an ozone generator to remove the smell and kill the mold.

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you should ask.
I had water seepage in the front passenger window, as the drain holes had clogged and the water came over the sliding window channel. The water soaked into the luan siding and ran inside the wall as far astern to almost the passenger door. Just yesterday I finished the repair: I scraped away the ruined luan, the sanded the rest to the Styrofoam inner wall. That was where the smell was. I also had to replace two wood stringers that had rotted.
I replaced the luan plywood with Allure vinyl planking (flooring, really) and glued into place. The we shampooed the carpet, and the smell has started to dissipate. It also looks pretty good, or so DW says...
The whole project took about three weeks of intermittent effort to complete. Hint: dried water-damaged luan explodes into sawdust with the use of an orbital plane sander, so put up a dust barrier or expect a major PITA cleaning up the dust (like I did!). HTH
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief