cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SPAM-a-lam-a-ding-dong

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
These recipes are pretty good. Some are perfect for those road stops in transit. Beats fast food in our book especially now there's a low sodium and low fat SPAM.

We usually have at least one meal of Hawaiian SPAMburger. The fact that they don't need refrigeration takes up less fridge space for our fancier fixings.
RECIPES
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
18 REPLIES 18

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TANDDANDBIGE wrote:
wow! we had spam for breakfast; the first time I have not had it in 30 or more years....... is it ever SALTY! we didn't remember it being like that. It also didn't seem the same consistency or flavor we remembered. I guess memories are better than reality.

SPAM is available in a low sodium version now.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
wow! we had spam for breakfast; the first time I have not had it in 30 or more years....... is it ever SALTY! we didn't remember it being like that. It also didn't seem the same consistency or flavor we remembered. I guess memories are better than reality.
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good stuff and EASY!
Ramen and SPAM Stir-Fry

Magnus

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I gotta do it! Clicky! spam, spam, spam, wonderful spam!
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kittykath wrote:
Funny post. We just visited the SPAM museum last Wednesday, and yes, picked up a couple cans. It's their 80th anniversary, so Austin, MN festivities are in full swing. The museum is new and free. May I suggest the Black Pepper flavor? Pairs well with french toast.

I mean really.........is there anything that doesn't pair well with spam?..............maybe ice cream!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

OldSmokey
Explorer
Explorer
fried spam and eggs for breakfast... !!
breakfast of champions.. LOL

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Spam. no lie, has saved my life!!! I have been eating Spam most of my 67 years. Fifteen years ago I started taking mission trips to Central America. Now if you have ever been to that part of the world you know that beans and rice is 90% of their diet, and I DO NOT eat beans or rice.
In fact, I have started packing today for a trip to Belize, we leave early Friday morning. Along with clothes, I threw in five of the individual serving pouches of Spam. Lunch is usually on the go down there and Spam and a few crackers with a bottle of water makes a meal. The worst food I had served to me was in Nicaragua, and I sure was glad I had my Spam and jerky with me......
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
Funny post. We just visited the SPAM museum last Wednesday, and yes, picked up a couple cans. It's their 80th anniversary, so Austin, MN festivities are in full swing. The museum is new and free. May I suggest the Black Pepper flavor? Pairs well with french toast.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
SPAM-on-the-Go
This one is easy. We fix it before leaving and nuke it for supper for nights on the road.

Spam Hacks: 12+ Things to Do with SPAM

Magnus

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of the interesting things about Spam is the more they mess with it to make better or more healthy the more they mess it up. If you read the ingredients on an original can of Spam compared to a low salt or low fat or smokey or whatever they seem to have more unpronounceable ingredients than the original. I prefer to stick with the original.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vintage465 wrote:
IS THERE ANY TOPIC more fun than SPAM! I am also Spam fan. Never leave home without it!

Did you know that there's a SPAM Jam festival in Hawaii?

Amazing Facts About Spam
Thanks To: Polly Esther Fabrique

By World War II, Hormel had sold twenty thousand tons of Spam. Then, during the wartime meat rationing, Spam got popular...

If all the cans of Spam ever eaten were put end-to-end, they would circle the globe at least ten times.

In the U.S. alone, 3.8 cans of Spam "are consumed every second"(assuming SPAM is eaten 24 hours a day, 365.25 days a year).

Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia eats a sandwich of SPAM and mayonnaise on white bread three times a week.

Residents of Hawaii eat an average of four cans of SPAM per person per year, more than in any other place on Earth (Elsewhere in the Universe, who knows?).

By 1959, a billion cans of SPAM had been sold. The two billion mark was hit in 1970, followed by three billion in 1980, four billion in 1986, and five billion in 1993. That's a lot of SPAM!

In Korea, SPAM is sold in stylish presentation gift boxes of nine cans each. SPAM stolen from army PXs can be found on the Korean black market. And there are Korean imitations called Lo-Spam, Dak, Plumrose, and Tulip, to ensure that no one need go without.

Nikita Krushchev once credited SPAM with the survival of the WWII Russian army. "Without SPAM, we wouldn't have been able to feed our army," he said.

SPAM is sold in over 99% of U.S. grocery stores.

The SPAM luncheon meat trademark is registered in 93 countries.

Over 60 million people in the U.S. eat SPAM.

SPAM is made in two U.S. locations: Austin, Minnesota and Fremont, Nebraska. It is also made in seven other countries: England, Australia, Denmark, Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea.

In 1989, the U.S. armed forces bought 3.3 million pounds of SPAM. Over 141 million cans of SPAM are sold worldwide each year.
SPAMfacts

Magnus

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
IS THERE ANY TOPIC more fun than SPAM! I am also Spam fan. Never leave home without it!
V-465

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, Spam. The food of champions.

The Spam museum is actually a very good museum. We have been there twice

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Optional-
Music from Otis Day and the Knights can play in the background
Shama lama ding dong

Magnus