Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Have Blue Ox hitch for toad
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  Tow Bars

> Have Blue Ox hitch for toad

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
j-d

Sunny Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/21/18 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Brake Buddy will send you a free power kit. They started doing that a number of years ago when "cigarette lighters" became "convenience outlets." BB found their units didn't work right with the new outlets and the easiest thing to do was furnish the kit. It's terminals, a fuse, quality wire, and a metal outlet socket with bracket. You could connect such a kit to the battery and then disconnect the Smart Car's battery terminals.

We have several OP's here who tow Smarts, so you'll likely have some specific help soon.

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

cwit

Upstate New York

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/18 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To put a base plate on a smart car the whole nose and side panels have to come off and base plate is expensive. I would check prices be fore buying.

RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/18 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The company that hooked me up rewired the cigarette lighter straight to the battery so I can use the battery cutoff and still have brake controller., last week. IT is a 2009 SC so the cigarette lighter outlet seems to work pretty well. GREAT that the Blue Ox people are willing to send out the extra outlet power kit. IF anyone is using a SC if you can tell me the procedure you use to get the car to restart after using your battery cut off, will appreciate. I did get something off internet which does NOT match what friends told me they do but theirs is a 2012 or newer so procedure may be different.

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  Tow Bars

> Have Blue Ox hitch for toad
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS