cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heartland Torque T32

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for feedback. We started off in a tent, travel trailer, 5ver, Class A Diesel Pusher and now RV'less and looking to get a travel trailer toy hauler.

It seems to meet all of our needs, get to take my truck, open bed for hauling, garage for golf cart and increased sleeping capacity from the Class A.

The T32 has a side deck that folds down, rear ramp and seems to be pretty nice. Electric jack, electric stabilizer jacks, outdoor tv and 4 place theater seating sofa. King bed and garage had two folding couches that make into bed and another that drops from the ceiling.

Any regrets with a toy hauler from current owners?

Anything we need to be award of? pros and cons?
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia
7 REPLIES 7

Ctimrun
Explorer
Explorer
hvac wrote:
Try looking at ATC. We have had over 30 years various rv motorhomes and trailers. Currently in a 2017 28 front bedroom. Using as a travel trailer. No toys. Built like a tank. No slideouts to fail or leak. All aluminium top to bottom. Built in 5.5 Onan. 100 gallons of water. Torsion suspension.

Just got tired of traditional rv construction. Too many hidden surprises.

HVAC sure would like to hear more about your trailer, I'm very interested in them but there's not much info out there about the ATC toy haulers. Also a serious lack of dealers out west.

Very curious about the quality vs price. Yes they're more expensive but if I would be getting a quality product that I could keep for many years it would be worth it to me over the junk quality in so many other mfg's.

Also curious about weight distribution, have read that WD hitches shouldn't be used on aluminum framed trailers, so am wondering how that's handled. I've got an F350 so I'm not sure I need WD but I think I would want it for sway control (over the friction type) if nothing else.

Don't mean to hijack, if you want to send me a private message would like to hear more.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Try looking at ATC. We have had over 30 years various rv motorhomes and trailers. Currently in a 2017 28 front bedroom. Using as a travel trailer. No toys. Built like a tank. No slideouts to fail or leak. All aluminium top to bottom. Built in 5.5 Onan. 100 gallons of water. Torsion suspension.

Just got tired of traditional rv construction. Too many hidden surprises.

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
lakebum wrote:
Other that the floor plan and quality of materials being used, what could be different to give people a lot of problems?

It comes down to how they are assembled and quality control. These things are all rushed out as fast as possible (for the most part). Every RV out there will have some QC issues, what matters is if it's caught before it leaves the factory and if not then how they respond to service after the sale. Plus some have major problems due to poor engineering. While many of the major parts are made by the same company, such as the frames, some manufacturers have their own specs for these and are built to those specs, others just buy what the builder sells them. Finally some are just made cheap by inexperienced, rushed labor.

I'd say that Heartland started off very strong and a good reputation for service, but over the years their support after the sale and some QC issues have been a bit more frequent. If you spend time reading here you see cycles like this repeated, some make changes and recover and some don't.

Thanks for the input, we take delivery this Saturday. I will be sure to give it a good once over before taking delivery. We have already given them a punch list, but just minor stuff, like where to mount bathroom racks, chalk was missing from once side of the bathroom vanity and the row of recliners were not fastened together with their locking plates.
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

Y-Guy
lakebum wrote:
Other that the floor plan and quality of materials being used, what could be different to give people a lot of problems?

It comes down to how they are assembled and quality control. These things are all rushed out as fast as possible (for the most part). Every RV out there will have some QC issues, what matters is if it's caught before it leaves the factory and if not then how they respond to service after the sale. Plus some have major problems due to poor engineering. While many of the major parts are made by the same company, such as the frames, some manufacturers have their own specs for these and are built to those specs, others just buy what the builder sells them. Finally some are just made cheap by inexperienced, rushed labor.

I'd say that Heartland started off very strong and a good reputation for service, but over the years their support after the sale and some QC issues have been a bit more frequent. If you spend time reading here you see cycles like this repeated, some make changes and recover and some don't.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

lakebum
Explorer
Explorer
dannko wrote:
lakebum wrote:
Looking for feedback. We started off in a tent, travel trailer, 5ver, Class A Diesel Pusher and now RV'less and looking to get a travel trailer toy hauler.

It seems to meet all of our needs, get to take my truck, open bed for hauling, garage for golf cart and increased sleeping capacity from the Class A.

The T32 has a side deck that folds down, rear ramp and seems to be pretty nice. Electric jack, electric stabilizer jacks, outdoor tv and 4 place theater seating sofa. King bed and garage had two folding couches that make into bed and another that drops from the ceiling.

Yep, I have the same model bookmarked, and it looks so good, a little long for me, but awesome. Problem is all I hear about Heartland is problems, and problems. It's a shame, cause the design is nice. Sure people say go ahead buy it and live with the problems, or fix them. I don't have time to spend that much money and live with the problems, or fix a new rv on my time. Though I am not crazy about the floorplans or equipment, I am leaning to the aluminum models like ATC, Livinlite, and Sundowner.

What kind of problems are you hearing? A travel trailer is a series of third party components all assembled together to make the unit. It is using the same slide, same fridge, same water heater, ac, etc. Other that the floor plan and quality of materials being used, what could be different to give people a lot of problems?
Ken & Janice
South Hill, Virginia

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
lakebum wrote:

Yep, I have the same model bookmarked, and it looks so good, a little long for me, but awesome. Problem is all I hear about Heartland is problems, and problems. It's a shame, cause the design is nice. Sure people say go ahead buy it and live with the problems, or fix them. I don't have time to spend that much money and live with the problems, or fix a new rv on my time. Though I am not crazy about the floorplans or equipment, I am leaning to the aluminum models like ATC, Livinlite, and Sundowner.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Looks terrific.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad