Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1992 Rexhall Airex water pump wiring.

Rickinnocal
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, everyone.

I just purchased a 1992 29' Airex by Rexhall, Ford Chassis with a 460. Mostly good condition except for a rear corner crunch in the fibreglass and that the generator has been stolen.

The seller told me that the water pump didn't work. When i hooked it up to city water, found that the toilet flush valve was seized open. Manually closed it until I can buy a new valve. Looked at the water pump, to find it was disconnected. Reconnected the wire, intending to turn it on briefly to see if it runs, and it runs with the water pump switch in the on or off position.

Disconnected it again, and checked at the switch. The wires on both sides of the switch are hot, even if disconnected from the switch. On one side of the switch is a heavier black wire and a lighter violet one. Both are hot. On the other side is a heavier red wire, and a small orange wire that goes to the "Pump on" LED.

The red wire is hot even when disconnected from the switch. I 'think' this is the wire that goes back to the pump.... but where is it getting e energized from?

The switch is mounted in a panel marked "Airex by Rexhall" that also has the tank monitor system on it. Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram?

Thanks in advance.

Richard
4 REPLIES 4

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have another switch somewhere for the water pump?

My (class C) lacks a pump controller as such. The wiring there is pretty simple, exactly equivalent to a three-way light switch in a house, with one switch on the control panel with the tank monitors etc. and another switch in the compartment with the outside shower. Both switches are SPDT switches, wired such that flipping either one will change the pump's power state.

Many RVs do have a pump controller instead.

jamesamccarty
Explorer
Explorer
My pump controller is in a cabinet above the couch. I will need to troubleshoot my pump also. It won't come on at all. Oh well, I'll eventually get a round tuit. 😉

Rickinnocal
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll look some more, because I don't see it around the converter.

The converter is under the bed in the back bedroom, as is the water tank and pump. The two wires from the pump are a white one which goes straight to a common 12v+ terminal at the converter, and a green one which goes through the wall at the front of the bedroom.

How this green wire connects to, or arrives at, the "Water Pump" switch on the control panel over the kitchen sink I have yet to discover.

Thanks for any more advice,
Richard

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You may have a water pump controller. It switches the negative line.
It could be around the converter. It is about 4 inches square and 3/4 thick.

Pump controller

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker