Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Sirius XM Radio
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Sirius XM Radio

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
roam1

Gulf Breeze FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/17 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

or get the serius xm app on your smart phone and use bluetooth or audio out jack from your phone

get unlimited data on your phone and then have serius xm where ever there is cell service

if you have a serius xm radio in any of your other vehicles, with the right package, the app is free
I have it in two cars and now free on two phones
hace a few blue tooth speakers and get xm where ever I am, boat, car, beach, camping, someone elses car, RV.....

the app is a great way to go

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you guys still listen to serius xm? After the renewal of their service, I started experiencing issues. When I get in my car it says no signal. I called them several times, but nothing changed. Also, I read the sirius xm radio reviews. It turned out that I'm not alone and that a lot of people cancel their contracts. What about you? And can you suggest a good alternative? Thanks in advance.

* This post was edited 02/15/21 09:41am by Cristian123 *

67Cutlass

Fulltiming

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 01:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cristian123 wrote:

Do you guys still listen to serius xm? After the renewal of their service, I started experiencing issues. When I get in my car it says no signal. I called them several times, but nothing changed. Also, I read the sirius xm radio reviews. It turned out that I'm not alone and that a lot of people cancel their contracts. What about you? And can you suggest a good alternative? Thanks in advance.

Yes we still use Sirius XM. We only have it in our vehicle. Decent radio stations where we currently live are not so good.

When signing up ask for the free three month trial. When that's up Sirius will typically offer another three months free. Before those three months are up you will start getting yearly offers from Sirius good rates. Hold out for the $50 a year rate. Sometime you might even get a $50 Visa card too.

Just don't take their first offers, hold out for the $50 yearly rate.

2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

luv2tup

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cristian123 wrote:

You can go online and re set the signal to your receiver. Very easy to do. I think I've had to do this twice in 10 years. Otherwise, no issues, I move my receiver from coach to Jeep to home.

btilfan

springfield NE

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/21 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

roam1 wrote:

or get the serius xm app on your smart phone and use bluetooth or audio out jack from your phone

get unlimited data on your phone and then have serius xm where ever there is cell service

if you have a serius xm radio in any of your other vehicles, with the right package, the app is free
hace a few blue tooth speakers and get xm where ever I am, boat, car, beach, camping, someone elses car, RV.....

This is exactly what we do.

2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.

Mike134

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

roam1 wrote:

X3!! also what I'm doing, and by the way it's only $6.06 month

2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there an online way to switch service back and forth from one receiver to another? I have receivers built-in both my cars and a plug-in receiver for the motor home. I don't keep the one in the motor home activated because I wouldn't use it enough but if I could switch service back and forth from the motor home to the stay-home car when traveling by online access that would be handy. I don't like having to call each time to do this

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Sirius XM Radio
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.