cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Ford Edge 4-down

Viewfinder
Explorer
Explorer
New toad time. V6, AWD, PB start. Battery Grd must be removed this model year. I am wondering about transmission software updates. My Focus shows 'Transmission Ready' during the set up process. New one not so. Also any info on lights, battery grd removal etc.? All info welcome. Thanx

jim
10 REPLIES 10

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, I think this might be what I need. I ran the power from my coach, but it appears to be a ground problem.

Viewfinder wrote:
Todd, I use a 'jump 'N carry' 660(?) to power my RVIbrake2. Two days min, and has come in handy in camp.

jim
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

Viewfinder
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys... Great info on trans..thanks Bryan. Checked before purchase for 6F50. If I have learned anything over the years, it's that this year and last year may not be the same. Some times very little change. Assume nothing. Was going to use my mag lights, but looks like I shot myself in the foot. All that glass on top makes mags not work. Looks like I'll go the Hopkins kit. Todd, I use a 'jump 'N carry' 660(?) to power my RVIbrake2. Two days min, and has come in handy in camp.

jim

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I'm laboring under the assumption the 2017 is like the 2013.

Not the same on the 2016
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
afrescop wrote:
6F35 6 speed AT CANNOT be towed four down. 6F50/55 6 speed AT CAN be towed flat. This is from latest edition of the 2017 Ford Edge owners manual. Which transmission is in your Edge?

OP stated its a V6. Both V6s haver 6F50/55. Only the 2.0L is not flat towable.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I'm laboring under the assumption the 2017 is like the 2013.
With the car in neutral, with ac outside vent set to recirculate then turned off and head lights in the off position>
> foot off the brake hold start button in UNTIL it says accessory position or something on. The door bells will chime while door is open. Close door and lock.
You should have a power wire from the coach to thee car. It will keep the battery charged and tail lights and turn signals/blinkers, brake lights working. If you see going into battery saving mode on the screen for GPS etc then you need to start over. Start car shift through geaars and park andbaack to neutral, with foot on brake of course. Cut the car off while in neutral and fooot on the brake.
Lift your foot from brake and don't put it back on and push the start keep until accessory position show on the little screen to the lef in our 2013 Edge, which normally shows door s open and so forth.
Door bell will chime with door open get out close door and lock.
Every eight hours I think it says stop and start the car and run it though the gears for five minuets or less.
When ever we stop we run it through the gears and repeat the procedure of course to put it in accessory mode.
Forget and leave it in park and you will get lovely black streaks as the car want's to stop. Then you will not go though the procedure a gain without co pilot doing the routine double check again.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
6F35 6 speed AT CANNOT be towed four down. 6F50/55 6 speed AT CAN be towed flat. This is from latest edition of the 2017 Ford Edge owners manual. Which transmission is in your Edge?

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
RE_Todd wrote:
Towed my 2016 Edge 1700 miles 2 weeks ago. I just have to figure out how to keep power to the BK2016 Patriot Brake. Everything else was a non-issue. I used the Hodgkins diode kit for the rear lights, just a little bit of a tight fit in the housing. I carry a cordless drill to cheat the battery hold down and installed a wing nut on the negative terminal. Carry a couple of spare wing nuts, no guarantee it will hit the ground if you drop it!!

This is why on my Ford I disconnect the pos.
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
Towed my 2016 Edge 1700 miles 2 weeks ago. I just have to figure out how to keep power to the BK2016 Patriot Brake. Everything else was a non-issue. I used the Hodgkins diode kit for the rear lights, just a little bit of a tight fit in the housing. I carry a cordless drill to cheat the battery hold down and installed a wing nut on the negative terminal. Carry a couple of spare wing nuts, no guarantee it will hit the ground if you drop it!!
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
The 6-cyl Ford don't need a "transmission ready" indicator like the dual-clutch transmission in the small cars. The 6-cylinders use a regular automatic, and when the shifter is in neutral, the transmission is in neutral. The dual-clutch transmissions have a little lag when shifting both gear-sets into neutral, which caused some to be still be in gear when shut-off.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
It should all be in your Owners Manual under "Recreational Towing". This is by far the most accurate and up to date information available.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad