cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toys, RZR vs Golf Cart????

dannko
Explorer
Explorer
My plan is a toy hauler (narrowed down to ATC or LivinLite), my question is for those with experience, I really want an ATV mainly to take trips to Colorado and do the mountain trails. Problem is with so many states not allowing ATV use on streets to get to the trails, or beaches not allowing ATV's it makes me want to go to a gas golf cart which we could use on the streets in a lot of towns, and beaches in Texas do allow golf carts on some parts. RV parks I know don't mind golf carts, but my "guess" is they don't allow ATV's.

So it seems a golf cart would give us a lot more use vs an ATV.

We don't do off road places except Colorado mountain trails.

I want the one I can get the most use from, so looking for opinions on what to get?

I will try to make either the ATV or the golf cart street legal, to the point you can and hopefully license.
10 REPLIES 10

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I thought Texas would be good with ATV usage, were starting to get a lot of areas up in new England to ride now. ride the wilds in northern NH has over 1000 miles of trails and many are street use.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta have both. And better check most rv parks dont allow gas golf carts. Better ootion would be a polaris ranger or other utility style sxs
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
That's why I love Arizona. Very ATV friendly.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We too found the Golf Cart was the better option for us. Florida and Georgia state parks allow golf carts but not ATV's.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that renting an ATV is your best option for when you come to visit CO. There's plenty of places up near the good trails in the mountains that rent all varieties, even RZRs.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Explorer II
Explorer II
Or get the golf cart and go to Moab and rent a RZR
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Bedlam
I have a mini dune buggy with unrestricted street plates we use on and off road.

Some other vehicles you may want to explore before settling:
Oreion Reaper
Suzuki Samurai
Meyers Manx VW

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Plate it in your state. Done. Doesn't allow off-road vehicles but yours will be street legal, which will skirt the 'no off-road vehicles allowed'.

My last 3 dirt bikes have been converted to street legal, and all my friends have plated dirt bikes (even an early 90's 2 stroke). We ride them all over the place that require street legal vehicles on the trails, and gets us around off-road registration as well.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Skip CO and ride in Utah where you CAN ride the streets in a RZR. Utah=ATV friendly.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Did you answer your own question?
'So it seems a golf cart would give us a lot more use vs an ATV.'

When you go to Colorado, rent (if possible) the ATV.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.