cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Seal failing

Robmoo
Explorer
Explorer
My step-father bought us a 2001 Coleman Niagara a couple of years ago. We haven't used it much because camping with an infant then 2 year old just didn't seem like our idea of fun. Now that she is 3 and can follow direction on occasion we are starting to use the pup.

Issue #1. I've kept the camper covered to protect the abs roof from the UV rays. Even so it is forming some thin cracks. Any suggestions on how to repair this or even cover the roof to prevent more cracks from forming.

Issue #2. The roof seal no longer seals the camper when folded down. The seal get pinched out on the sides near the axle and does not come down far enough to seal at the front and rear. I think that the box has begun to sag at the ends. So, I need to replace the seal with something that will keep the water out as we drive down the road. Any suggestions on this one?

When my step-father saw this used pup it was generous of him to buy it for us. However, I think I would have rather waited and bought something newer rather than being given this project.
2006 GMC Envoy I6 4x4
1997 Seadoo Speedster twin 85's
2001 Coleman Niagara
0 REPLIES 0