cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA beach

toolinarnd
Explorer
Explorer
The middle of Aug. we will be towing our 30ft TT to VA beach from NH. Spending a few nights in Manassas VA. then heading to First Landing state park in VA. beach on Sunday afternoon.What would be my best route of travel from I95, or even from I66? As I know that 64 gets pretty bad on the weekends.
9 REPLIES 9

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
Be prepared for the continuous fly byes of Naval Jets from the nearby base, holy cow are they loud!!

Sound of freedom.
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

toolinarnd
Explorer
Explorer
slay wrote:
If you use the 460-58 route you avoid the tunnels at Hampton and having to stop and turn off your propane.
that a good reason right there for me. I'm a little claustrophobic, but i can deal with the tunnels if I have to.

slay
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you use the 460-58 route you avoid the tunnels at Hampton and having to stop and turn off your propane.
Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2016 Ford Fiesta pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life

toolinarnd
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you that's exactly the type of info i was looking for. I had looked at 17 on the map, but you can never get better then local info.

toolinarnd
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
Be prepared for the continuous fly byes of Naval Jets from the nearby base, holy cow are they loud!!
I never found them to be that bad, we used to camp there with our popup. But this will be our first time coming in from 95. My brother has been in Manassas for a few years and has already said I need to stop and visit.

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is construction on 64 starting at Williamsburg. It should be better inbound on Sunday, but I've given up predicting it. Likewise, 95 from where you're getting on it, presumeably 234 from Manassas to Dumphries, can be a tossup.

If it were me, I'd seriously consider 95 to 295, then 460 to 58, then pick up 64 and come into VaBch from the southwest. There will be some lights on 460 and it looks slower on a map, but.....
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I would still take 64, Sunday mid day to afternoon eastbound shouldn't be that bad, but if you are concerned as was said before 95 south to 295 bypass around richmond 460 east to 58 east to 264 too exit 282 for the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel and then turn off on Rt 60 to Va Beach, park will be on the left after crossing the inlet.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I would take 460 to 58. We did that in May and while you go through some towns,it's mostly rural and a decent road.