cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad Maintenance

melandme
Explorer
Explorer
I have been considering pulling my Jeep Wrangler TJ behind the MH. After doing a lot research for over a year and talking with folks at CG with toads, I finally took the plunge today. Got a tow bar, base plate, braking system, safety cables and brake light kit on the way. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their information. The one thing that I have never seen mention is any additional maintenance on the toad. Is there anything more than fluids, lube, tires and other normal maintenance? Is there anything that I need to do or look at before I start using the Jeep as a toad?
2 REPLIES 2

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
melandme wrote:
I have been considering pulling my Jeep Wrangler TJ behind the MH. After doing a lot research for over a year and talking with folks at CG with toads, I finally took the plunge today. Got a tow bar, base plate, braking system, safety cables and brake light kit on the way. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their information. The one thing that I have never seen mention is any additional maintenance on the toad. Is there anything more than fluids, lube, tires and other normal maintenance? Is there anything that I need to do or look at before I start using the Jeep as a toad?

Be certain,, you know if the steering must be key on or key off

with the key off position will it lock the steering wheel?

If it does,,, you will be required to tow with the key in the "ON" position and the battery disconnected .

Keep track of mileage towed. and service the transfer case/ differentials as required by the service manual.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget maintenance on the tow bar.