cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing parts to awning

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our Coleman last week. He said he had a problem with water collapsing the awning but he fixed it. Tried to put up the awning today and find a problem. When he had the awning fixed he removed the end piece that the poles fit into. Instead of replacing it he had somebody just cut off the end of the fabric, fold it over, and put three grommets in it. He also lost the three ends that go into the vertical bar. I have tried to get the pieces and the three rv dealers nearby say all they can do is sell me a complete awning. $350-$400. I have a local mom/pop RV repair/parts store see if they can get the pieces from there buddy's rv boneyard. I should have looked at the awning a little better and had him buy a new one. Oh well...live and learn. Rant completed.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150
4 REPLIES 4

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
I went to Home Depot and got a few PVC T's. I will use the T's to put the rods in and drill a hole in the vertical end and tie the awning to the T. It will not look pretty but as we leave for our maiden camping trip in a couple of days it will have to do.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
raychris1 wrote:
It is a Coleman 12 foot in a bag awning. I found the schematic for it as well as the part numbers from a Coleman parts site in Maryland. I need a 12 ft canopy support bar, end caps m2 black, spring clips, spring assemblies, bar end caps, rod and pal nuts, black pole pins m10. Basically I need the whole assembly the goes on the end of the awning. The site I went to only has a few of the parts. They said it would be cheaper buying a new more standard awning.

Try Ebay
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

raychris1
Explorer
Explorer
It is a Coleman 12 foot in a bag awning. I found the schematic for it as well as the part numbers from a Coleman parts site in Maryland. I need a 12 ft canopy support bar, end caps m2 black, spring clips, spring assemblies, bar end caps, rod and pal nuts, black pole pins m10. Basically I need the whole assembly the goes on the end of the awning. The site I went to only has a few of the parts. They said it would be cheaper buying a new more standard awning.
Ray and Chris
2022 Open Roads 26BH
2013 F-150

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
what make and model is the awning and exactly which parts needed