Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning shade screens

The_Coopers
Explorer
Explorer
G'mornin one and all,

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I recently purchased a sun screen for my awning and when I got ready to hang it, I got nervous that my awning wouldn't be strong enough to hold it the awning seems pretty chinsy to say the least. Do different awnings have different types of screens? Or am I worrying about nothing and my awning will be fine. I would post a picture of what the arms of my awning look like, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that, however, I would be more than happy to send you a picture if you need me to? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

The Coopers
3 REPLIES 3

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Is it a screen that goes in the rope light track, or a full awning screen room?

The simple sun screens are plenty light enough for any awning. The full screen rooms might be a bit heavy.

Be aware that adding such a screen effectively doubles the sail area of the awning, so it is much more subject to pressure from wind.

Some places in the country, RVers never leave their awning out if they leave their campsite. Seen too many awnings ripped off, broken tubes from wind.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
If your awning is like mine that has arms that run from the roller to the side of the coach you should be fine. I've seen where people who don't angle there awning and it rains the awning fills with water till the roller bends. So they can take a lot of weight.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
To post photos the easy way, follow the instructions at this link. Just copy and paste the resulting link into your post.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate