Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: SoCal beach recommendation
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > SoCal beach recommendation

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
DesertDwellers

PHX Metro

New Member

Joined: 02/18/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're thinking of driving from PHX to southern California for 3 days at Christmas. We've been to Chula Vista RV; we really enjoyed it and they have space available. Are there any other parks on the water that you would recommend? We have a class A, no toad, need full hook ups (that's my requirement LOL). Thanks in advance!

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/11/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DesertDwellers wrote:

We're thinking of driving from PHX to southern California for 3 days at Christmas. We've been to Chula Vista RV; we really enjoyed it and they have space available. Are there any other parks on the water that you would recommend? We have a class A, no toad, need full hook ups (that's my requirement LOL). Thanks in advance!

Southern CA has a lot of shoreline, but there's one in particular that we liked in LA and right below the airport if you like airplanes. Didn't bother us and we liked it for the wide beach and view out our windshield and the wide bike path that went for miles in both directions. It's all blacktop with just some palms here and there, but a great location for visiting the sights around LA and Marina Del Rey is not far..... click it
To the south in downtown Long Beach is Golden Shores tucked in the Harbor and on the LA river. Great little place with bike paths everywhere along the shoreline and home of the Queen Mary and the Catalina Express.... click it


"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E__Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)


Goldencrazy

madison wi

Senior Member

Joined: 06/21/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dockweiler is certainly convenient and secure but at xmas may be very busy so get your reservation in. I stay there because close to my kids when we visit. I like Malibu Beach. Great view.

Goldencrazy

madison wi

Senior Member

Joined: 06/21/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One more thing. I would rent a car. Everything requires a drive unless you pack in your groceries and just stay in the park and enjoy the beach.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/09/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Silver Strand, I believe it s state park just a hop, skip and jump from the Del Coronado Hotel. Reservations are needed. May be crowded and it is within an easy walk of the Bay. I also suggest a car or towed of some sort.


"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000


eDUBz

Oxnard

Senior Member

Joined: 11/29/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

San Elijo / or campland on the bay - Ventura county SB don't offer beach camping with full hook ups. Faria and Hobson county parks offer full hook ups.

* This post was edited 07/19/17 03:53pm by eDUBz *


LBZ - Stealth - RZR - Honda - SUPsurf - Fish - Kayak

DesertDwellers

PHX Metro

New Member

Joined: 02/18/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

DesertDwellers wrote:

We're thinking of driving from PHX to southern California for 3 days at Christmas. We've been to Chula Vista RV; we really enjoyed it and they have space available. Are there any other parks on the water that you would recommend? We have a class A, no toad, need full hook ups (that's my requirement LOL). Thanks in advance!

Southern CA has a lot of shoreline, but there's one in particular that we liked in LA and right below the airport if you like airplanes. Didn't bother us and we liked it for the wide beach and view out our windshield and the wide bike path that went for miles in both directions. It's all blacktop with just some palms here and there, but a great location for visiting the sights around LA and Marina Del Rey is not far..... click it
To the south in downtown Long Beach is Golden Shores tucked in the Harbor and on the LA river. Great little place with bike paths everywhere along the shoreline and home of the Queen Mary and the Catalina Express.... click it


I just retired from Southwest Airlines, I LOVE airplanes [emoticon] thanks for the info!

DesertDwellers

PHX Metro

New Member

Joined: 02/18/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goldencrazy wrote:

Dockweiler is certainly convenient and secure but at xmas may be very busy so get your reservation in. I stay there because close to my kids when we visit. I like Malibu Beach. Great view.


Thanks! I'll look into it!

DesertDwellers

PHX Metro

New Member

Joined: 02/18/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

Try Silver Strand, I believe it s state park just a hop, skip and jump from the Del Coronado Hotel. Reservations are needed. May be crowded and it is within an easy walk of the Bay. I also suggest a car or towed of some sort.


Thanks! Added to my notes! [emoticon]

fmo

Desert

New Member

Joined: 05/24/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/19/17 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Newport Dunes is another place you may want to check out

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

 > SoCal beach recommendation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS