cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada loop

brokenoaks
Explorer
Explorer
driving a Ford F250 pulling our 27 foot TT we plan to cross into Canada from WA state at the Oroville/Osoyoos crossing and stay on HY 97 till it intersects with canadsa 1 at Sicamous then east to Calgary and then south back into the US to Glacier NP. we are leaving just after Labor Day and have no time schedule when we have to be anywhere. Any information or suggestions on this rout would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Sinterior
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of RV parks and campgrounds close after Labor day, so I suggest you call ahead.
Have a great trip 🙂
Pete, Terry (Teresa) & Cira, 12lb furbag 🙂

2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ
2017 Chev Equinox V6 AWD
Blue Ox Avail
Patriot II Braking system
Garmin dezl 560LMT

luckyd
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy 97 splits at the north end of Vernon.
You either turn off and head towards Kamloops or
head straight towards Enderby and Sicamous.
Once again on the north end of Enderby it splits
and either goes to Salmon Arm or Sicamous.

The stretch past Mara Lake into Sicamous is very winding
so you will need to slow down and enjoy the scenery.
Great drive.......ENJOY

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
You'll be passing by or through a lot of National and provincial parks. Check the respective websites.

If you aren't planning on doing anything in the Calgary itself, consider staying closer to the mountains when heading south to Waterton/Glacier. AB 22 skirts the foothills, and AB40 passes through Kananaskis Country, an area of provincial parks that rivals Banff in scenery.

Drivebc is the BC highway information site. I'm not sure about Alberta. In the past the Alberta AAA affiliate had the best road conditions information.

BC visitor centers, often near the border crossing, have lots of good information.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We visited locales that did not have credit card option. Cash only!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Find out if your bank has an affiliate in Canada. Our bank is connected with Scotia bank.
Once crossing border into Canada, I stop at an ATM and withdraw Canadian money. We do through out visit. When preparing to come back into US, I count up Canadian funds, go to fuel location and pump the Canadian dollars into the fuel tank.

We simply use our CC for every thing in Canada, and the Credit union makes the correction when posted to our account.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Find out if your bank has an affiliate in Canada. Our bank is connected with Scotia bank.
Once crossing border into Canada, I stop at an ATM and withdraw Canadian money. We do through out visit. When preparing to come back into US, I count up Canadian funds, go to fuel location and pump the Canadian dollars into the fuel tank.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker