cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing seat and bench in Thor Majestic 23A

bghouse
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone that has the ex-rental CA Thor Majestic 23A, have you removed that little bench by the door? Is it easy or a nightmare? Flooring under there or will I find a mess?

I'm also thinking of completely removing the passenger's seat. Anyone else done this?
9 REPLIES 9

BillsMotorhome
Explorer
Explorer
On my Majestic 23A I found 2 sets of 3 bolts under the coach. 3 were partially hidden by the propane tank but reachable. Hope this helps.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
About the bench seat.

Could you remove the cushions and build-up from there? You could cut a rectangular hole in the front of the bench and add a nice big access door.

If done right, your modification will still assist with getting up into the over-head bed. Maybe you could include a grab handle.....maybe a good place for a TV?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
The passenger seat will be a two piece task in most cases. A seat is fastened to the frame on which it can slide forward and backward and that frame is bolted to the floor.

Not all seats work that way. You can look under the seat or under the rig and see the nuts you need to remove.

Looking at a generic photo of the seat you mentioned, my guess is it is screwed into the plywood flooring of the vehicle. Staples or small nails are used to box it all together.

when building coaches, the fastest and most inexpensive materials are used. Try to remove the cushion first. A word of caution. I removed a cabinet from my toy hauler

and realized quickly that there is no turning back. Once you start peeling away the fasteners it falls apart. Small 1 by 1's or such have luan plywood stapled to them. The bottom wood

will be fastened to the floor.

Also for those that may want to remove and replace. Save the screws removed from the flooring for future reference. These coaches are put together in an order that the furniture may

go in first later followed by wiring or plumbing. A longer screw can end up into one of these if you are not careful. Just removing cabinet it will not be an issue.

ronfisherman
BillsMotorhome wrote:
Couldn't find how to post a photo. Can you help.
Thanks,
Bill

I use this link provided in Forum Posting Help and Support
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

BillsMotorhome
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't find how to post a photo. Can you help.
Thanks,
Bill

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillsMotorhome wrote:
I would like to do the same. We have no use for it. Will create a little cabinet if can ever figure how to remove.

Can you post photos, we can figure this out.

BillsMotorhome
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to do the same. We have no use for it. Will create a little cabinet if can ever figure how to remove.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to find out what is inside or under the bench. Maybe just storage space, maybe part of a RV system. Maybe it braces that corner of the house. One of my benches (Itasca Spirit 29B) houses the fresh water fill and one of the two fresh water tanks.

On Majestic 23A the bench looks as if it is there to help folks hop up into the overhead bed. There is no water fill on the outside at that location, so probably no tanks. There is a compartment door below the floorline.

What's on the floor, I don't know. On mine, many of the furnishings were installed over carpeting or linoleum flooring (depending on area of the house) but Fourwinds/Thor Motorcoach does not necessarily follow Winnebago's build procedures, they have their own.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a 19' and the bench by the door the base is a outside compartment. I was thinking of pulling mine as well till I found this out. Not sure if yours is built like that or not.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks