cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair underbelly?

ktnluvl
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! New to this form, and new to HTT camping as well! We bought a travel trailer and unbeknownst to us, we have to replace at least half of the flooring in it. I'm in the middle of tearing out the current floor now, and see lots of spots where the underbelly is ripped. What's the best way to fix those spots? Can I just put you turn it on to cover those holes? Any help on that would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
2 REPLIES 2

ktnluvl
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
I think one of your questions was done in by autocorrect. I'm not sure of what you have covering the underbelly. If it looks like corrugated plastic, it's called Coroplast. You can get it at either sign shops or Home Depot in 4x8 sheets.
It's very important to seal the underbelly as mice can get in through very tiny holes. Some people have had good luck using Gorilla Tape to seal small holes or rips. Be sure to clean the surface first. You can use expanding foam sealant around drains and gas lines. If you do have Coroplast I'd advise searching through old threads to see what others have done.
Good luck with a big project!

You are right-thanks for catching that! It was supposed to say can I use Eternabond to patch to holes. ?? Thank you so much for the tips about the foam and such too! I do believe it may be coraplast, but I don't think I need the whole thing replaced-it's in good condition overall. Just some little holes here and there that Ants found their way into and made a home. ?? Should I use the tape from the underneath or should I do it from the inside since I've got the floor ripped up already? Thanks for all your help!

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
I think one of your questions was done in by autocorrect. I'm not sure of what you have covering the underbelly. If it looks like corrugated plastic, it's called Coroplast. You can get it at either sign shops or Home Depot in 4x8 sheets.
It's very important to seal the underbelly as mice can get in through very tiny holes. Some people have had good luck using Gorilla Tape to seal small holes or rips. Be sure to clean the surface first. You can use expanding foam sealant around drains and gas lines. If you do have Coroplast I'd advise searching through old threads to see what others have done.
Good luck with a big project!
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS