cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going west

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on going west with a stop in Holmes county Ohio. From there we will go to Sandusky Ohio. Would 250 be the best with a 35 footer towing??
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean that you will hit 250 when you leave Holmes county. 250 from the Ohio river and through WV is-well, you will wish you took another route.:E I also assume you will probably be staying in one of the CGs in Berlin, Oh. Take US62 from Berlin to 250 at Wilmont. Major truck route-good road-lots of trucks and amish buggies. Blow your horn when you pass my house in Sugarcreek:C. Good eating at Mrs. Yoder's in Mt. Hope(CR 77 North of Berlin) and Boyd-Wurthman(downtown Berlin). Both home cooked and extremely reasonably priced. Incidently it's pronounced Ber'lin and not Ber lin'. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think you have much choice but 250. It has been years since I went that way, but it is a truck route.

Warning about Ohio:
The OSP do target out of state plates and they hold you up until the fine is paid in cash. So, do not drive the traffic speed if it is over the posted limit. This is particularly true on the interstates.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Google Maps, or Bing Maps and bring up the satellite view, then zoom in, you'll see lots of 18 wheeler semi trucks on 250. If the semi's can travel it (and it looks like a LOT do), then you'll have no problems with your rig either.