cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's in your freezer when you don't have an oven?

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
When camping with our trailer my freezer is packed with meats, french fries, waffles, turnovers... All stuff I would bake in the oven.

With our B there is no oven and my freezer is always empty.

Give me some ideas... What's in yours?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
41 REPLIES 41

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
meat. I eat zero carb so tons of meat. I don't 'do french fries' etc for family cause the few times we eat out they can get that. Meat, meat and more meat and some popsicles for kid. It is 100% about how you eat in life about what is in your freezer ๐Ÿ™‚

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
When shopping for a small RV we looked at B's, never thought about not taking along a grill. Good thing I didn't get one.

Freezer... frozen stir fry mix veggies, veggies, meats for the grill, ice cream, blue ice packs. We take a few frozen meals from home, but they are gone after a week or so. Occasionally we'll get a frozen dinner of some sort for when we're not into making anything more involved.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Sam Spade wrote:
pasusan wrote:

Give me some ideas... What's in yours?

The only oven I use is the MICROWAVE oven.
That dictates what is in my freezer.

X2. I've never used the oven in any RV I've owned; only the stove top or microwave. I also got a lot of use out of my crockpot. Put ingredients in during morning and enjoy delicious meal in evening. Meals always taste great from a crockpot. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
Well, everyone is dancing around the correct answer:

Tow the trailer with the B. You'll have two of everything, except an oven.

All jokes aside, we carry a toaster oven with us. There are days where you just gotta have a biscuit to go with a slice of country ham.

One thing we noticed when we were shopping for our used Class A earlier this year was that if the unit didn't have a gas oven, it usually had a convection/microwave oven. Strangely enough, the motor home we ended up buying has both. I guess that it was an option added by the first owner (we are the third owner). I think we've made biscuits in it once. It took me quite a while to figure the thing out. So many buttons, such short patience.....

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
BizmarksMom wrote:
qtla9111 wrote:
Vodka, ice and frozen berries (breakfast shakes).
You win breakfast!

I use the freezer to store my gin.

Sounds like the making of a great Bombay Sapphire Churchill Martini.

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I use the microwave, so keep frozen foods in there. I also keep water bottles and freezer packs, periodically swapping a few between the freezer and fridge.

If you have a freezer, might as well pack it full of freezer packs, so you have thermal mass in case you lose power, so you have the ability to keep stuff cold even without power available.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We are full timers in a 5th wheel but also love to camp with out trike and motorcycle tent trailer which is basically a bed on wheels. That means using a cooler and a cook stove. We really have to simply our meals and find that there are some really good frozen complete meals available nowadays. We were out last summer for 49 nights and used a cooler and a cook stove for all our prepared meals. We bought lots of ice!
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We don't use the oven either.But my wife makes meals at home and freezes them.Then we just defrost them at the campground. She makes and freezes,chilli,pot pie,shepard's pie, quiche,etc.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't read the whole thread.

There is no reason you can't cook all of that stuff without a oven. A Dutch Oven over the fire might help with a lot of that.

Check out recipes on line for other ideas.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Can't help you with this one, an RV without an oven was a deal killer with my wife, when we started looking, we walked into some very nice units, but as soon she noticed there was No oven, she didn't even want to look at the rest of it.

X2. If it's too hot, I use the crockpot, microwave or toaster oven.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's only about 35 pounds, it's not that big either, wish it was about 2" shorter though so it would fit under the tonneou cover ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It's made of steel and rockwool, not ceramic like the traditional eggs.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
Does that thing have wheels so you can tow it?

:B

That egg does look nice and solid and probably an amazing grill+. I was wondering about the size and weight of it too thinking it is pretty heavy and large even if it is the smaller sized egg.
I love me some land yachting

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does that thing have wheels so you can tow it?

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use one of these:

It's an oven, a grill, and a smoker all in one. I can cook anything in it, though deserts with a smokey twinge might be a bit odd so it would have to be something that can be covered while cooking ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH