Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rincon, Hobson, and Faria Campgrounds.

er78mph
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and thanks to all in advance!!!

We are planning on heading to Ventura County this Wednesday and hopefully camping on a beach somewhere. I wanted to get a general consensus of the possibly of getting a spot during high season during the middle of the week? I know there is a bunch of different variables but I wanted to know if its realistic? Also, could you guys please provide additional backup spots for the area? THanks!
5 REPLIES 5

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:

There is no "during the week" lull at any of those beach spots. Wed is a technical high point because it's part of the 5 day stay across to the following Sunday. You MIGHT get lucky on Sunday afternoon or Monday, but the odds go straight down after that.

that's what we found at Rincon on Wednesday, in MARCH, about noon.
NOTHING was available.
so, unless you can get there Sunday or Monday, you can forget about it.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
1st, Flying Flags is a LONG way from this area, at least 50 miles.

There is no "during the week" lull at any of those beach spots. Wed is a technical high point because it's part of the 5 day stay across to the following Sunday. You MIGHT get lucky on Sunday afternoon or Monday, but the odds go straight down after that.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
In March, we couldn't get a mid-week spot at Hobson, Faria or Rincon.
I seriously doubt that you'll get anything at Hobson or Faria, as they're already booked for the summer.

Rincon is a crapshoot. Some locals drop off their rigs early and show up later. They also get friends rigs too.

I lived in the area for 17 years and it's gotten extremely hard for non-locals to get anything unless you reserve.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

swn
Explorer
Explorer
Mid week on the Rincon Parkway is possible. As you may know, just a space on the old highway. Here is a link which shows how many spots are available https://www.venturaparks.org/

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
The best place to camp is Flags in Buellton. At least there you can get a reservation from them directly.
If your desire is to be on the beach, you can try Emma Wood which is on the South end of Rincon as they are on Reserve America. Have fun!
2006 34' Monaco Cayman