cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice in buying toy hauler

Bluebigheadpitb
Explorer
Explorer
I have been doing my research on these toy hauler. I would like to hear everyone's experience or knowledge in this toy hauler's. To pull it I would be using semi sleeptruck 780-610.

2018 Fuzion 417 Luxury wheel toy hauler
2018Jayco Seismic 4212 toy hauler
Road Warrior 427 toy hauler
Winnebago Scorpion 4014 toy hauler
Luxe HD & Augusta gold
Momentum 388M toy hauler
Heartland Cy 4200 toy hauler

*Spacecraft rv 57ft

Mod Edit; deleted double posted, changed Subject title.

Thank you for your time
12 REPLIES 12

loboclone
Explorer
Explorer
Noticed Jayco 4212 on your list. I have one and don't recommend it at all. Jayco uses a electric leveling system by Lippert. It is pure junk, wont level and constant replacement of front leveling legs.
Just talked to a guy that Had a Grand Design and he traded it for s Jayco 4250. He had problems GD wouldn't take care of.

BTW they are all junk.
2015 F-450 CC 440 HP 19.5 DRW. 26,500 Resse FW
Jayco Sesimic 4212 Toy Hauler
Oreion Sandreeper-Street Legal and tilted for the on road
480 Watts ZAMP 3 panel US made Solar system-Smart Glass panels

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
Two words: Grand Design. If you follow the forums of the models you listed, you'll see multiple quality issues in the last two years. Grand Design are still quality builds as far as I know.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

Bedlam
Have you considered a toterhome for the living space and an enclosed trailer for the garage? Probably about the same length and cost as what you are trying to put together.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
ATC.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Out of that list, just based on my own research when we were purchasing our own, I'd probably go Momentum first, then Fuzion.

But really, as already mentioned, they're kind of all built the same. We heard lots of nice things about Grand Designs though, and we are on our 2nd Keystone product.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Bluebigheadpitb
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone I prescient it.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
asullivan920 wrote:
If you are going to use it to haul toys then think about toys you may get and not what you have. I got my trailer when I had ATVs and no kids. Now I have 2 kids and we are thinking about a side by side instead of the ATVs. We have enough sleeping room but will be tight as the kids grow. If we get a side by side we will be limited on only a few models that will fit. Think ahead on what toys you may get or if your family is going to grow.

Also water tanks I wish they had larger gray tanks. Mine has 45 gallons both black and gray. I wish I could take half of my black tank and add it to my gray. 45 gallons of black water is a lot of bathroom breaks.

See, and I wish we had a larger black and smaller gray! We do dry camping at least once a year for 5-7 days and not having to worry about filling the black would be nice (it's 44 gallons). We have 88 gallons of gray (2 tanks) and probably won't ever come close to filling those up unless we are both taking daily showers that aren't the "Navy" variety, and washing dishes a lot.

I guess goes it show, think about the type of camping you're going to do and then review the specs to see if that particular trailer will work for you.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
asullivan920 wrote:
If you are going to use it to haul toys then think about toys you may get and not what you have. I got my trailer when I had ATVs and no kids. Now I have 2 kids and we are thinking about a side by side instead of the ATVs. We have enough sleeping room but will be tight as the kids grow. If we get a side by side we will be limited on only a few models that will fit. Think ahead on what toys you may get or if your family is going to grow.

Also water tanks I wish they had larger gray tanks. Mine has 45 gallons both black and gray. I wish I could take half of my black tank and add it to my gray. 45 gallons of black water is a lot of bathroom breaks.

You ever heard of the trickle technique LOL?
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
They're all pretty much made the same - cheap and with little quality control. You may get a good one, you may not. I thought my Voltage was a well built trailer and I was wrong. It helps tremendously if you are handy around the house. It's definitely a plus knowing how to fix things without having to take it back to the dealer and posting in this forum how the dealer has had your trailer for the last nine months.

Amen to that. I am so glad I can fix my own issues with my new trailer. I got a sort of ok one i guess, i mean the wheels havent fallen off yet so...

I don't think the spacecraft fits into that category!
Great choice on pulling truck though ๐Ÿ™‚

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
They're all pretty much made the same - cheap and with little quality control. You may get a good one, you may not. I thought my Voltage was a well built trailer and I was wrong. It helps tremendously if you are handy around the house. It's definitely a plus knowing how to fix things without having to take it back to the dealer and posting in this forum how the dealer has had your trailer for the last nine months.

Amen to that. I am so glad I can fix my own issues with my new trailer. I got a sort of ok one i guess, i mean the wheels havent fallen off yet so...
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

asullivan920
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie crew cab shortbed 6.7 Cummins
2013 Rubicon 1905 toy hauler

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE