Explorer
The slide ? Press the return button nothing happens
Give me the check list rundown.

When all else fail can it be pushed in if so how
11 REPLIES 11

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Mine stopped once and after doing all the above diagnosing it turned out it rolled in too far. I hand cranked the motor about a half turn and all worked. Adjusted the stop can and it hasn't happened since.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
If electric and have the typical extend/retract switch, pull it out and verify there is 12 volts there. The momentary on/off/on switch reverses polarity to change direction of motor rotation. Assuming you already checked the fuse first, if no 12 volts present then a bad connection or severed wire somewhere.

Also check the mini-circuit breaker, usually (I think) located in the A-frame area. The connections to them could be corroded, especially if it was originally delivered to the dealer in the winter with salt on the roads. The connections to the 3 breakers in our A-frame were badly corroded after a winter delivery and I had to redo the connections and replace the breakers. It's absurd that they simply slap on a piece of tape over the top of them and expect it to keep water out...

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Being your post is a "what if" post

Before you use slide, look at your slide info, get the info on it, carry that info with you.

IF slide fails to work, follow directions you got before hand because anything mechanical will fail at some point.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on what kind you have. Mine has electric motors, and if they fail. I have to disengage the gears, and push it in. Otheres have a hand crank.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are video's on how to retract slides and electric awnings on Youtube.
I implore all RV'rs with these systems to watch the vids before they need to perform these tasks. It never hurts to be prepared.

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
Batteries or shore power? Can you plug in to ensure you have enough power?

AlmostAnOldGuy
Explorer
Explorer
After checking fuse check connections at the battery.

Good luck,
Stu
2012 F150 HD/Max Payload (8200 GVWR, 2176 payload) SuperCrew EcoBoost
2008 Komfort Trailblazer T254S

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My slide has a socket wrench bolt on the gear so it can be cranked in manually.

The instructions and location are shown in the manual that came with the slide.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

kcfissel
Explorer
Explorer
There is an override sequence that can be triggered thru the controller. Ours requires pushing the button 7 times and then activating the switch to retract the slide.

You can find out the info in the packet of goodies (your owners manual)
Ken

โ€œneedsโ€ and โ€œwantsโ€ are pesky things to distinguish, and the bigger the peskierโ€ฆ

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The first culprit is always the fuse.

You profile is incomplete meaning it doesn't list your RV info so people can give you some specific help.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
what type of slide- electric or hydraulic, ect.. need some more info on the slide