cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple question about Vintage (or Vista) Cruiser 19ERD

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to pick up a new Vintage Cruiser 19ERD in a week or so and I need to set up my hitch height.

What is the height of the coupler on this model trailer?

Thanks,

Al
5 REPLIES 5

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Umm...call the dealer or Gulf Stream?
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
That is a pretty light trailer.

If you are considering a hitch height for an initial get home tow or to determine vehicle squat or if you want a weight distribution hitch I would go with 19" to the top of the ball. Towing and vehicle dynamics will probably require height changes so getting it right from the outset will be a tough go.

Have fun with that trailer.

Thanks for the replies - all I needed to know is the distance from the ground to the top of the coupler, with the trailer sitting level. I don't think this trailer will squat my 2500HD 4x4 very much.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
That is a pretty light trailer.

If you are considering a hitch height for an initial get home tow or to determine vehicle squat or if you want a weight distribution hitch I would go with 19" to the top of the ball. Towing and vehicle dynamics will probably require height changes so getting it right from the outset will be a tough go.

Have fun with that trailer.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Chuck, this is part of the dealers responsibility and should be part of the final walk through.

I talked to the technician that set up my hitch and had him explain what we was doing and why. I also asked him about where to set the jack for a tire change.

To answer your question directly, my trailer was leveled in the dealers garage, the truck was backed up to it and was also level. The ball height was set 1 inch above the level TTs socket height, then the TT was raised and lowered onto ball. The WD hitch bar chain links were selected that made the TV and TT sit level.

The technician said, since the TT was empty I would have to adjust the number of links so the TV and TT sat level when loaded for the road.

This was the procedure for my truck and my trailer and my brand of hitch, done by a professional who was not afraid to explain thing to the customer. Your WD hitch set up could be completely different.

Take care
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
First we need to know what type of vehicle (TV) you will be do such with ?
Are you going to be using a weight distribution hitch or regular tow hitch ?

I am not trying to smart but without this information there are a thousand answers to your question, so more information please ...

Also the selling dealer should help you out with all this, if he or she can't then I would look elsewhere to buy the trailer...

Do not let the salesman sell you a bill of goods buy saying "just a regular trailer Ball and hitch will do", ask why it will do ?, can he or she give you the straight answer about the hitch even thought the hitch weight looks to be only 390pds is the hitch you have good enough.

Look at the vehicle and the hitch once the trailer is hooked up, if it looks like a "V" that is not good, your trailer hitch and vehicle need to be as level to each other as possible... This is very important to your family and others on the road ...

I'm sure others will pipe in but to get a good answer from the group please included what you plan to tow with and what hitch you have ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe Travels