cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose - Sewer hose - Pressure regulator.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a nice used Class-C today.

Need to buy a water hose, sewer hose and pressure regulator.

I don't need the BEST... just one of each that works.

Can you recommend any?

Thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer
15 REPLIES 15

B-goat
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino is my back-up for sewer hoses. I use a Valterra Dominator. Made of thicker material and stays put when collapsed.

http://www.valterra.com/product/dominator-sewer-hose-kit-15-boxed/?pcat_id=1346

The little brass things by Camco are not regulators, and ought to be against the law to advertise them as such. They are just a flow restrictor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Brass-Water-Regulator/14504323

Hook one up to a 90 psi system with a pressure gauge after it. The pressure won't be 90 psi when using water, but turn off all water flow and watch the gauge. It will go to 90 psi. Absolutely worthless.
Yes a Watts is expensive, but you can get something close such as this-

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator-lead-free/49511

Just about any hose rated for potable water will work, but keep in mind the cheaper ones cost less for a reason. Mostly the fittings don't generally hold up as well as some of the costlier ones.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
Sewer Hose. I use one for a couple of years then get rid of it. Our concrete drive way is tough on sewer hoses and frankly its good to clean things out once in a while. I tried the brown heavy duty hose and did not like it, just did not fit our program. Nice to have a choice.

Water: We use a cheap regulator, a plastic Camco unit. It works. Also, always have a filter before the unit. In addition we have an in the unit water filter. We have needed both of them this year when a park had a water line break. Nasty water plugged the filters. They did their job, we then switched to our tank.

Hose: I use the most flexible drinking water hose I can find. My basic hose is 15 feet long. If I need more I will add another length. I do not use a regular garden hose, we have found that some can impart a taste to the water.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Who needs a water regulator?

Clean and fill you fresh water tank so you can stop anywhere.

Never mind....

peace...
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sewer hose: Camco Revolution
2nd one after 1st one started to leak around the exit fitting. Not a big deal since it drained directly into the dump. But at 7 years old ok to replace. Looked at Rhino but didn't know if it would compress into my sewer boom.

Water hose: Camco heavy hose, 25 feet.
Don't remember model since we carried it for a couple of years before using it. Old hose was thinner and never leaked but it was >15 years old so thought it prudent to retire.

Pressure regulator: Camco 50psi unit
Basic unit, also use the same model unit on our black tank flush hose.

Water filter: Culligan RV700
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help guys... there's nothing like first hand experience.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
X2
lanerd wrote:
You know you can opt for cheap, but you'll be replacing often and the cost will eventually exceed that of the more expensive units that will last much longer.

I would not get any hose of lesser quality than the Rhino...there are others that are more expensive and more secure from leaks.

I would not get any regulator of lesser quality than the adjustable type shown above. The in-line "restrictors" limit you to 40 lbs and are prone to fail.

I would not get any drinking water hose of lesser quality than the blue 5/8" non-kinking Camco or Valterra hoses.

You will most definitely pay more initially for these items, but in the long run you will pay less as they will last much longer than the cheap stuff. You've already paid a small fortune for your rv, no need to cheap out now.

My 2 cents..

Ron
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
You know you can opt for cheap, but you'll be replacing often and the cost will eventually exceed that of the more expensive units that will last much longer.

I would not get any hose of lesser quality than the Rhino...there are others that are more expensive and more secure from leaks.

I would not get any regulator of lesser quality than the adjustable type shown above. The in-line "restrictors" limit you to 40 lbs and are prone to fail.

I would not get any drinking water hose of lesser quality than the blue 5/8" non-kinking Camco or Valterra hoses.

You will most definitely pay more initially for these items, but in the long run you will pay less as they will last much longer than the cheap stuff. You've already paid a small fortune for your rv, no need to cheap out now.

My 2 cents..

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
Bought the adjustable Renator M11-0660R Water Pressure Regulator from Amazon. Cost $40. Old cheapie one failed and made funny noises. (sorry about the large picture - scared me too.)

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda beating a dead horse here, but definitely Rhino hose best I've ever used.

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
I've had very good luck with the Rhino hose. No leaks and no hassles.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
I find just about no difference in how long a sewer hose lasts before some kind of puncture (and leak) occurs. So...i go to WalMart and buy the less expensive hoses. Buy 2. But then you have to purchase the "ends"...plastic things, one for the RV end and the other for the sewer inlet. and they can be difficulty to install...but I've been doing that for 30 years. No biggie. Once they're on, they're on. Move them from hose to hose, they never wear out. Also get a rubber donut. Use that too.l.....

Apparently you haven't tried the Rhino sewr hose! :B

I struggled with and replaced those cheap sewer hose after sewer hose.

Well, I am just real sorry I didn't buy a Rhino sewer hose sooner.

It's rigid, collapsible to stretch or close up depending on what length you need. The couplers/connections go on and off like butter and last forever. And it collapses all the way down for easy storage.

The Rhino sewer kit includes all the connectors you need that are required by some CG's, and IMHO should be used ALL the time as a courtesy to eliminate sewer odor. No need to use a rubber donut.

Made a big difference for me. Can't say enough about this product that does make dumping/hooking up a better experience.

P.S. Can be bought at Walmart also and it is NOT expensive especially if you figure in ALL the connectors are included in the price. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I find just about no difference in how long a sewer hose lasts before some kind of puncture (and leak) occurs. So...i go to WalMart and buy the less expensive hoses. Buy 2. But then you have to purchase the "ends"...plastic things, one for the RV end and the other for the sewer inlet. and they can be difficulty to install...but I've been doing that for 30 years. No biggie. Once they're on, they're on. Move them from hose to hose, they never wear out. Also get a rubber donut. Use that too.l

I have one 10 foot and one 20 ft.

As far as a hose goes, an ordinary garden hose will suffice, altho there are these white(color) hoses that say "drinking water safe"....same price, i think,...Your call.

Water pressure meter....I bought mine (2 of them actually) and only in 3 cg over the years was i advised to use them. Good to have. Bought one at an RV dealer, the other at a cg.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
X3 for the Rhino sewer hose.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You can spend less on a sewer hose but it wont last nearly as long. Rhino would be my suggestion as well.
A $10 Camco HIGH VOLUME regulator will work fine and is all I have ever used. Some will demand you buy an expensive Watts whole house residential reg. but I have never needed anything like that.
Any good drinking water safe hose will work. The heavier it is the longer it will last though.