cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

patching rv h20 holding tank

Proxjc
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 30 gallon fresh water tank with a screw size hole in the bottom that I need patched. Its not a easy area to get to, thinking about using Oatey Fix-it Epoxy Putty to stop it. Any other recommendations or ideas would be great!
6 REPLIES 6

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Use a hot glue stick, the glue stick it is poly. the heat gun will not get hot enough so I carefully used a soldering gun to heat the stick worked good ..
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Fireballsocal
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
I got a 30 gallon fresh water tank with a screw size hole

well nut with a ss screw.
Most patch n repair items will not adhere to polyethylene and as far as i know most tanks are made from polyethylene. You have to be careful using a chemical for a repair when it involves drinking water. It might become a problem as it breaks down and starts leaking.

This is the correct permanent fix. Brass screws work just as well. Shoot. PM me your address and I'll mail some out to you.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a 30 gallon fresh water tank with a screw size hole

well nut with a ss screw.
Most patch n repair items will not adhere to polyethylene and as far as i know most tanks are made from polyethylene. You have to be careful using a chemical for a repair when it involves drinking water. It might become a problem as it breaks down and starts leaking.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a recent thread where the OP had accidentally drilled some holes in his tank. The thread contains some good as well as some very bad suggestions. Make sure whatever you choose to patch the tank with is non-toxic.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Several different types (see link) but in the past I used what camping world had on the shelf. Stuff off their shelf was (I'm pretty sure) http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/vehicle-fleet-maintenance/automotive-detailing-interior-/vehicle-c...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=plastic+tank+repair+kit&oq=plastic+tank+repair&gs_l=... different types
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

path1
Explorer
Explorer
(sorry dup)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"