cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you cooked in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I have cooked hard and soft boiled eggs, white rice is awesome and red potatoes for potato salad. I have to admit cooking rice in the instant pot beats a rice cooker. My luck with roast and chicken was a disaster, LOL. I did steam boneless chicken breast for chicken salad and that turned out great. I'm still trying to get use to the Instant Pot.

What do you cooked in your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
10 REPLIES 10

bobrizer2
Explorer
Explorer
I was given an instant pot for Christmas last year. Since then, I have cooked about everything in it. It is especially good for soups, stews, rice, meats like chicken etc. It don't think that there is much that you can't cook in it. As a full time rv'er and a widower to boot, I had to learn to cook or starve (I learned to cook). To me it has been a wonderful invention. It has replaced a number of other kitchen gadgets that I used to haul around like a slow cooker, a rice steamer, and stove top pressure cooker.
For a man that was born without a cooking gene, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of recipes for the instant pot on the internet.
So, between the instant pot and my pellet grill, I am living large.
Bob

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Today I had CHEESECAKE made in an IP. Better than store bought.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cheap tough meat is what we cook in ours.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Oatmeal...does a great job on steel cut oats in little time. Split pea soup, rice, beans, veggie soups. We use it almost daily.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Pressure cooked 8 dozen jars of Alaskan Pink Salmon we just caught. Better than any tuna fish you've ever tasted and it lasts for years in the jar.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have an Instant Pot but I have been dragging my pressure cooker on camping trips since our tent camping days when the kids were growing up. I have even taken it canoe camping.I can't think of much that I haven't cooked in it. I used to put a pound of frozen hamburger in it along with some canned tomatoes & seasoning and we called it spaghetti sauce. I probably use it once a week at home, more on the road. lizzie

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Spaghetti sauce, chili, pulled pork, chicken for soup, bean soup, beef stew.

Meat works well if you don't have to worry about the texture like in chicken salad or pulled pork. I tried ribs and they tasted great but the texture was off until I stuck them in the oven for 20 minutes to crisp up.

The instant pot is especially good for broth. Drop a whole chicken in, add a cup of water and seasoning,cook for 35 minutes. Pull out the chicken and use it for chicken salad. Throw in some noodles and veges and cook for 10 minutes more for some great soup.

Sometimes I throw in 6 chicken breasts, cook them, then refrigerate them. I use them during the week for various meals after slicing them and throwing them in the frying pan to brown: tacos, Caesar salad, fajitas, chicken Alfredo, etc.

Good luck! It makes cooking easier but only makes some things better.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mostly beans. Sometimes a box of pasta, two cans of sauce and a bag of frozen meatballs but the Instant Pot tends to burn the bottom which the Cuisinart did not.

I miss my Cuisinart.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
did oatmeal for breakfast today. DW is always doing soups and frittatas. there are some great insta pot groups on facebook

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
A pressure cooker that is a real pressure cooker saves time. Mine has separate containers that fit together.

3 containers make a layer. Thus you can take one out if that item is done. & leave the rest. i.e. snap beans take 5 minutes steaming. Potatoes and beets 25 to 30 minutes in normal boiling water. 1/2 that in the pressure cooker.

Usually, when camping I cook meat separately and cut to size to match cooking time for the rest of the meal.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006