Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Quartzsite 2018
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
NinerBikes

Somewhere camping

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/17 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got an email from someone already counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds, until it starts.

Anybody else had enough of this heat?

2oldman

Orland

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/17 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 80s would be a welcome change. Here in E WA it's smoky too. Love the Q in winter.

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/17 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll bet that someplace in or around Quartzsite there are RV's that drycamp there during the summer.

I wonder what methods or systems they use to be able to live through that? I'm just curious as to the extreme heat control methods those rare 100 - 120 degree RV boondockers use to stay alive!

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

Gonzo42

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/17 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are fields and fields of dry campers out there.

I have heard tho have not seen that there are honey wagons that drive thru those areas, so one would not have to hunt down a dump station.

MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

2oldman

Orland

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/17 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't imagine being there right now

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/17 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After visiting the "Q" for 5 years in a row, and we will be back in 2018, always during the big RV show in January, I can't wait to go back.... in January. We have found that 2 days and nights are plenty. We usually stay at the Rice Ranch RV park {a large gravel lot with hook ups for $30 something a night - or as we prefer, dry camping for $7 a night}.

What Rice Ranch has to offer is the proverbial... location, location and yes, location. They are located at the southeast corner of 95 and I-10/Kuehn Road which makes the big tent just a few hundred yards away. Quartzsite is a hoot, not to be missed.

Too early to be worrying about the Q, trust me it will be there in all its glory.... with or without you. If you have never been and can easily get there do yourself a favor and make the trip. You may never want to return but until you try it you won't know what your missing. You will find the nicest bunch {OK, a very large bunch}, of folks you ever saw. Lots of silliness and fun. You don't have to go twice but... IMHO: you really need to go at least once.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV.

[emoticon]

PatrickA51

Lost Because I Followed My GPS

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/17 03:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

I can't imagine being there right now

As hot as it is here (my location) I can not even imagine how hot it would be in the Q right now [emoticon]

I will wait until Dec. or Jan.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/17 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder how many more vendors that the town fathers and mothers ran off and wont be back for 2018? Each year I run up from Yuma and there is less and less.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/17 12:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

love going to "Beer Bellies", good food. music, lots of fun

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NinerBikes

Somewhere camping

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/17 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I enjoy the mineral show, and Quartzfest, the ham radio /RV get together 5 miles south of the big tent, on the west side. For me, Quartzsite is always a good time. Oh yeah, and where in the world is SCVJeff?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS