Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement tires 225/70R 19.5

hram
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
I purchased a set of Power King tires for my motorhome in early 2000's which are well past time for replacement. They have proven to be outstanding tires and show absolutely zero signs of deterioration or sidewall cracking (which is more than I can say for the two Roadmaster tires I put on tag axle which are only half the age and severely cracked sidewalls). Does anybody know if Power King is still of good quality or now just junk made in China like Roadmaster? Otherwise, anybody know of a quality tire that doesn't cost an arm and leg? Thanks for any and all input!
Greg
1989 Holiday Rambler Imperial
XS35' P-30 454
Honda CRV toad with Brake Buddy
Baxter riding co pilot with mom.
6 REPLIES 6

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 for Sumitomos

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
Toyo 143 made in USA or Japan, your choice I have ran both great tires

hram
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody! I know most are made in China now, just want to make sure I don't wind up cash and quality poor. Thanks again!
Greg
1989 Holiday Rambler Imperial
XS35' P-30 454
Honda CRV toad with Brake Buddy
Baxter riding co pilot with mom.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
hram wrote:
Hello all,
I purchased a set of Power King tires for my motorhome in early 2000's which are well past time for replacement. They have proven to be outstanding tires and show absolutely zero signs of deterioration or sidewall cracking (which is more than I can say for the two Roadmaster tires I put on tag axle which are only half the age and severely cracked sidewalls). Does anybody know if Power King is still of good quality or now just junk made in China like Roadmaster? Otherwise, anybody know of a quality tire that doesn't cost an arm and leg? Thanks for any and all input!

Most are tires are made in China these days, which has nothing to do with sidewall cracking. Just ask Michelin, which has been one of the biggest culprits. Also don't be surprised if your new Power King's don't say ...made in china...on the sidewall.
At any rate, they've all been approved by the DOT for use on American highways. Biggest difference is in the price and when having to pay extra for their huge marketing campaign.
I could recommend some tires that have served well and for a good price, but they're probably all made in China, so.....
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
I've put two sets of Sumitomo ST718's on my rig.
Very happy with them.
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know about your Power Kings which are still made but I am Running Samsons made in Mexico and I am pleased about 4 years now

But you could call them in Florida and see where the tires you want are made
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind