cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Jayco 2017 Jay Sport Pop up

Sopeach
Explorer
Explorer
We, too, downsized from Jayco Jayfeather Lite to pop up. I must say, it will be a challenge setting up the kitchen stuff in the pop up, but am so looking forward to lots of open space and windows! We live 45 minutes from FDR State Park and have booked October dates for our first trip. We started off many years ago in a tiny Coleman pop up and now retired, back to Pop up again ??
3 REPLIES 3

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about selling my trailer as well and going back to tent camping.

I'm sick of continuously working on and/or paying to fix my second house (Jay Flight) and finding appliances not working during my trips and ruining them.

I'm sick of the headaches and wishing for a simpler, easier way to camp. Conveniences are nice but the hassle involved to have those conveniences outweigh them anymore. This is especially true with only about 4 trips a year anymore and those trips find broken appliances or the such.

Thinking about selling the trailer and getting a 10' X 14' Kodiak Canvas deluxe tent and maybe a small cargo trailer to keep all the camping items permanently.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Sopeach wrote:
We, too, downsized from Jayco Jayfeather Lite to pop up. I must say, it will be a challenge setting up the kitchen stuff in the pop up, but am so looking forward to lots of open space and windows! We live 45 minutes from FDR State Park and have booked October dates for our first trip. We started off many years ago in a tiny Coleman pop up and now retired, back to Pop up again ??

Congrats on your new trailer. Hope you enjoy it!
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes I think about going back to a TC...DW says no.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad