cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weekend Warrior ramp question

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to add a spare tire mount to the outside of the ramp door. It appears possible to still have adequate clearance to operate the ramp.

I have looked on the inside for screw or nail heads under the texture and have been unsuccessful. Mine has aluminum on the outside.

From pushing on the aluminum it feels like studs underneath but I wonder if anyone has had the ramp apart and can describe the construction of the layers?

I know there are under mount options but I don't care for what I have seen. I want accessibility to be as easy as possible. There is no room on the tongue.

I am open to suggestions, thanks.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900
10 REPLIES 10

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't want an undermount but fear I may have to go that route

I don't believe that I would be able to bolt a mount through the door without significant reinforcement. By the time I did the fabrication and work it will be a lot simpler to spend $100 for the Bal spare tire carrier.

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
Do not mount it on the ramp door. After seeing a ww ramp door all apart, imo, without disassembling/modifying ramp door its impossible to secure it correctly to the inner door frame.

Get 1 of these, or something similar...
jmo

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-28218-Hide-Spare-Storage/dp/B00KPQYV0E

2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I had a spare tire mount on a older MH I had that was attached to the square bumper. There was a door that opened behind it on the MH but the mount had a lever that you pull and the tire pivoted down to the ground. That type of mount would work on your toy hauler too if you have a 4" square tube bumper. Here's a link on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Fab-Universal-Rigid-Spare-Tire-Carrier-Bumper-Mount-RV-Travel-Trailer-/112288875120?hash=item1a24f04270:g:MVgAAOSwhQhYxcQb&vxp=mtr

If it doesn't work, use the search words, RV bumper spare tire mount.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

2btowed
Explorer
Explorer
Ramp is not structurally fit for spare mount.hollow sandwich core.welded hinged flat bar to bumper with mount for spare.Had to drop first before dropping door.had ratcheted up tight to door. Make shift unit until I sold trailer,But it worked and was easy to drop and retrieve spare.FYI
08 Ranger/sold/14 rzr900 4
08 Grizzly x2
06 400ex
06 Honda 90
08 f450
04 Kymco 110

Bedlam
A number of the toy haulers during that era didn't even have provisions for a holder and non of them had a spare tire as standard equipment. My fiberglass camper, tent popup, boat, flatbeds and enclosed trailers also charged extra for a mount and spare tire, so this common to towables since I can remember.

Like Lincster described, that was my spare carrier setup. You can also try a salvage yard for a pickup spare tire carrier. The current aftermarket ones sold, seem to be too expensive or complicated for your needs.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
I hate it that Warrior made the spare tire and holder "optional".

Anyway, I would find another Warrior and snap a pix of the spare mount and have a fab/weld shop make you something.
All the holder is, is a triangle made out of 1" box, hinged at the back and a piece of flat plate welded to the end with a bolt through it to hold it in the up position. Probably $25 worth of material.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

Bedlam
My mount was optional. It was on the passenger side between the rear axles and fuel station. It may be easier to mount the tire to the frame in this location.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:
...Doesn't your Warrior have a spare tire mount under the bottom?

No, I bought it in 2006 when it was maybe nine months old. I always have carried a spare in the TV because the trailer has no mount. We are preparing for a 6 - 7 month trip and I am tired of the spare being in the way.

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
My Sand Sport has the spare tire mounted to the door but it is not a WW and probably has a different door design.

I'll see if I can find WW door pics.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
I can't remember if it was this forum or glamisdunes.com.
Someone has done a warrior ramp and posted pix.
Do a search, it is out there.
I can tell you, pretty weak construction. I would not add anything with that kind of weight/moment arm to the outside of the door.
Doesn't your Warrior have a spare tire mount under the bottom?
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail