cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Galaxy Four Choosing Browsers

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Real cell phone dummy here. We're talking novice.

I chose and downloaded and installed Firefox as a browser.

But within a window if given the opportunity to link direct from a page

CHROME pops up and demands that I select it as my browser download of choice.

Not funny.

Is CHROME lurking somewhere deep inside the processor? I want to drive a wooden stake through it's heart.

Thank You
9 REPLIES 9

MrWizard
i tried an early android version of FF
it was slow and cumbersome
i went back to Chrome on Android both phone and tablet

new versions of android FF might be better

i visit the same forums plus amazon and ebay
simply amintaining being logged in keeps the web pages synced
for me htting refresh, bring the current page to match the other device
does not sync search pages, and other web surfing
but emails, forums sits with login, works well for me, by clicking refresh
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I fumbled my way through erasing it or deleting it or dumping - whatever it's called. I want it to get along with Firefox on the laptop. I wouldn't know good--better-best browser if it crept up behind me and bit me in the butt.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I have a galaxy s4 and use Firefox as my browser all the time. Even have it synced with my tablet and desktop. Do not have the problem you are having.

Now, problem is I am not smart enough to tell you why it works for me and not you. I still have chrome available on my phone but rarely use it. It is a good browser but I like having mine synced with my other units.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Mex, Didnt you know that Zuckerberg and the bunch at google are doing you a favor? They scan your phone daily, copy everything from it that they believe may be of value and then at absolutely no cost to you, take over your phone knowing that the only reason you bought it, was to get their {EVERY 3 DAYS} downloads.

You sure got that right! I added to your statement above in the {} ๐Ÿ˜‰

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Mex

I use Brave Browser on all my devices. (phone & tabs)

It is set as default. On some app updates you may have to re-designate the default browser.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Mex, Didnt you know that Zuckerberg and the bunch at google are doing you a favor? They scan your phone daily, copy everything from it that they believe may be of value and then at absolutely no cost to you, take over your phone knowing that the only reason you bought it, was to get their downloads.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Yep you are wasting your storage space on Firefox. Chrome is a very good browser, and it is part of the Android operating system. I'm not sure you can set any other browser as a default on an Android system. On Windows you can use any of them.

It's POSSIBLE that somewhere you can go into Firefox and make it your default browser and that will "stick." But I sort of doubt it.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Samsung/Android...CHROME is the built in browser of choice. Not a bad system.....

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/make-firefox-default-browser-android

I had to look it up - I usually kill off everything else and let Chrome be the default.