cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue "e" on task bar goes away.....HELP!

teeznu
Explorer
Explorer
Using the computer.....just like any other day. Did something around the task bar and all of a sudden the blue "e" internet explorer....suddenly disappears.
Have looked every where to get it back on the task bar. No luck. Help.
Thanks to all who respond.
11 REPLIES 11

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can get Explorer open the blue E should re-appear.. I'm using a chrome book just now so I can only guess as to how to get it back butr if you go to the other page choose all apps you should be able to find both Edge and MNicrosoft Internet Explorer in the "All Programs" list

Once it is open RIGHT click and choose "Pin to task bar" That is the easy way

ANother way is to send it to the quick launch bar. For this you will need to drill down to the actual program and then right click and choose SEND TO.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
Seems to me that the OP has to be running Windows 10. The "blue e" is for Edge and that is only available in Windows 10 as far as I know.
Barney
Not necessarily, Windows 7 also had a blue cursive E on the taskbar for Internet Explorer. And I have no idea if Apple OS also may show a blue E. Which is why I was asking for more extensive information.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
If you want help you need to give a few more details, like whether it's an Apple or a PC. Also what operating system: Windows 7, Windows 10, etc.

The question you posted is like saying "The engine in my car died. Why?". Details are needed to help in any meaningful way.

This is the best reply in the thread. No one can give a proper answer / give easy directions unless they know whether original poster is running Win 7, 8 or Win 10.

Seems to me that the OP has to be running Windows 10. The "blue e" is for Edge and that is only available in Windows 10 as far as I know.
Barney

Win 7 Internet Explorer also had an "e" on the icon that had a gold orbiting circle around it. Original poster would be better assisted if he stated exactly which operating system on it.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
sherlock62 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
If you want help you need to give a few more details, like whether it's an Apple or a PC. Also what operating system: Windows 7, Windows 10, etc.

The question you posted is like saying "The engine in my car died. Why?". Details are needed to help in any meaningful way.

This is the best reply in the thread. No one can give a proper answer / give easy directions unless they know whether original poster is running Win 7, 8 or Win 10.

Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
snipe:
MrWizard wrote:

alternate is to do a system restore
from the control panel
this should get your PC and desktop / task bar
back to where it was

No way would I ever recommend to a computer novice (to anyone at that matter) that he or she do a Windows "system restore" in order to get an icon back onto the task bar. Very often system restore itself can glitch and cause issues with a Windows install and/or the programs installed on said install. In closing, so many ways to get a program icon back on the task bar so why, why do a system restore.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
older_fossil wrote:
You should be able to go to the Microsoft Start menu in the lower left corner and scroll down to Microsoft Edge and launch it. While open, the Edge icon should be in the task bar. Right click on the task bar icon and select "Pin to taskbar".

Art

This is the answer. On the Win 10, Start menu, IE is under I. Not trying to be smart. I first looked under M for Microsoft.

older_fossil
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to go to the Microsoft Start menu in the lower left corner and scroll down to Microsoft Edge and launch it. While open, the Edge icon should be in the task bar. Right click on the task bar icon and select "Pin to taskbar".

Art
Art & Barbara
2016 Tiffin AB 37AP
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MrWizard
Task bar is just shortcut icons
goto programs
find internet explorer {might have to open some folders}
right click
choose send to desktop as shortcut
you can then drag shortcut to task bar
OR use it right from desktop by double click

alternate is to do a system restore
from the control panel
this should get your PC and desktop / task bar
back to where it was
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you need to right click on the program in the task bar. Choose Pin to Task Bar
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS