cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 issues after installing System Mechanic

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Iolo System Mechanic one week ago. Whatever changes it made to my system, I can no longer access Windows Desktop so cannot access any tools or apps. to uninstall it. Help! Thanks in advance for any help.
5 REPLIES 5

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I use Iolo and have for years. The problem you present looks like what happens when installing Iolo on a system which already has an infection.
Call Iolo tech support, my past experience has been great with their help and advice.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
I rv wrote:
I installed Iolo System Mechanic one week ago. Whatever changes it made to my system, I can no longer access Windows Desktop so cannot access any tools or apps. to uninstall it. Help! Thanks in advance for any help.

You say you can "no longer access Windows Desktop" and gave no more info. Anyway, here is a link to seven ways to uninstall System Mechanic on Win 7,8,10. Caution... I do not recommend you download any software offered at that link! I can't vouch for it.

alexxx84962
Explorer
Explorer

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
"System Mechanic" type software can cause problems and generally fix nothing.

Try running a system restore to a date before the changes were made and I suggest you dump the System Mechanic program.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You've already looked this up on google?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman