cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Color codes

gssonnier
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know where I can find the color code on the main body paint for my RV?
Its a 2006 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36DBD. I've looked in cabinets, behind outside panels, under seat. Maybe I'm missing it. What kind of # am I looking for?
The color of mine is kinda like a bronze color.
16 REPLIES 16

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
hostage wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
hostage wrote:
There is much more to the paint than just matching the paint color. There are iridescence particals that are added as well as things to control the amount of flop which will affect the way the paint looks visually, so that it matches the other pained panels on your coach.

really?/ never heard that before? I had two compartment doors redone
The way the graphics went there was 3 colours involved;; the local body/paint shop matched them perfectly by the spectrum system
I was very impressed cost me $600 cash to get them done

Speak with a painter and he will know. I've painted everything from Classic cars to airplanes and large trucks and the paint mix for my Monaco coach calls for a medium iridescent and a FLOP Control of 1.7 on one color. On another color, there is a medium iridescent and a Flop control of 3.9.
The internet is there to educate those that want to learn. FLOP CONTROL

that very could be all I said was I had never heard of it and the painter was able to paint my 2 doors to a perfect match by ordinary means; your reference is if one wants a "metallic Flake" paint job all my MH just have the regular type base/clear coat colours as most all motor home do ;

I guess Monaco just used high quality metallic base coat clear coat paint on their coaches, like most automobiles use the days.
Unless you were there while your painter was mixing the paint, you would never know what was in the formula, especially if he bought the paint already mixed from the supplier. Then all he had to do was thin it and spray it.

LOL yah whatever don't know of a body shop that orders paint mixed from a supplier all the guys up here mix their own

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
hostage wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
hostage wrote:
There is much more to the paint than just matching the paint color. There are iridescence particals that are added as well as things to control the amount of flop which will affect the way the paint looks visually, so that it matches the other pained panels on your coach.

The way the graphics went there was 3 colours involved;; the local body/paint shop matched them perfectly by the spectrum system

Speak with a painter and he will know. I've painted everything from Classic cars to airplanes and large trucks and the paint mix for my Monaco coach calls for a medium iridescent and a FLOP Control of 1.7 on one color. On another color, there is a medium iridescent and a Flop control of 3.9.

that very could be all I said was I had never heard of it and the painter was able to paint my 2 doors to a perfect match by ordinary means; your reference is if one wants a "metallic Flake" paint job all my MH just have the regular type base/clear coat colours as most all motor home do ;

I guess Monaco just used high quality metallic base coat clear coat paint on their coaches, like most automobiles use the days.
Unless you were there while your painter was mixing the paint, you would never know what was in the formula, especially if he bought the paint already mixed from the supplier. Then all he had to do was thin it and spray it.

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
hostage wrote:

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
hostage wrote:

hostage
Explorer
Explorer

gssonnier
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the reply's. The only item I found was on the was on the original sticker. It showed exterior color as AR5N06 Bronzeville. Don't know if that's the color code or not. I'll visit a local paint shop to inquire also.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Send an email to Barbara O'donnell at Industrial Finishes:
b.odonnell@industrialfinishes.com

She is the paint Guru for Monaco coaches. If you give her all of the info on your coach, She will send you the BASF paint formulas and if you tell her where you live, she will let you know places nearby that can mix the paint for you.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis12 wrote:
Hey downtheroad,
What color will they come up with if the paint is a little faded and they want the original color ?
I'm not Downtheroad but i am a certified painter. With faded or oxidized paint we would buff a spot to get the original shine back and then read with computer.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
Hey downtheroad,
What color will they come up with if the paint is a little faded and they want the original color ?

any paint shop that knows what their doing can mix a suitable colour
but its much easier if one has the original paint codes for sure

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Hey downtheroad,
Dennis Hoppert

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, look in all of the closets and cupboards, that's where ours are.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't find the code call Monaco they can usually tell you what you need from their computer history.
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine is on a sheet of paper glued to the back of a door in bath room closet. It also shows model numbers for refer, wh, jacks and other appliances along with the color code.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our Landau has the paint code listed on the build sheet attached inside a hall closet door.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate