Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1985 holiday Rambler Cleaning issue

edtoy3
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone
I have a 1985 holiday Rambler! I have a white milky substance that when it rains or I wash the unit it streaks down the RV. Does anyone know the fix?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

edtoy3
Explorer
Explorer
The generator is toast. I was able to figure out what wires go to the rear AC. Thanks for the help

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
What you are experiencing is normal for a rubber roof. The white covering deteriorates and washes off when it rains or if you have a heavy dew.

Depending on the age and condition of your roof, you may want to consider coating the roof. It's not a difficult DIY project. And it will eliminate the streaks.

Did you get your generator problem corrected?

no matter rubber or fiberglass they both shed white
mines fiberglass

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
What you are experiencing is normal for a rubber roof. The white covering deteriorates and washes off when it rains or if you have a heavy dew.

Depending on the age and condition of your roof, you may want to consider coating the roof. It's not a difficult DIY project. And it will eliminate the streaks.

Did you get your generator problem corrected?

hostage
Explorer
Explorer
edtoy3 wrote:
Hello everyone
I have a 1985 holiday Rambler! I have a white milky substance that when it rains or I wash the unit it streaks down the RV. Does anyone know the fix?
Thanks

yes go on the roof and wash/scrub the roof with a real good oxi brite type soap; when dry put a coat of floor wax (what I read) I don't bother with the wax idea I just give it a good scrub once every year or two seems to suffice