cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Labor Day

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like we might be going out labor day weekend - dove springs or Charlie's place. Where is everyone else headed?
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
32 REPLIES 32

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
mrw8i wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
Way too hot! We are staying local, Beach time!!

We are currently in Merida, MX; I think it's cooler here in Merida than home in Moorpark, CA. Never thought that would happen.

It's ridiculous hot out here - our home doesn't have a/c so we're drive way camping tonight.

2nd that! My wife was looking for me yesterday, I was napping in the TH with the AC running cuz our home doesn't have AC either and even with an ocean breeze it was F'n HOT yesterday!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We ended up at Refugio - no trailer. Beautiful out today nice and glassy, super fun on the SUPs.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
eDUBz wrote:

We are currently in Merida, MX; I think it's cooler here in Merida than home in Moorpark, CA. Never thought that would happen.

It's ridiculous hot out here - our home doesn't have a/c so we're drive way camping tonight.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:

YA THINK!

I was actually thinking about heading to Ventura but it's hot there too and no A/C. How hot is it in Ox's Nard?

Wasn't following the weather until it started getting hot out here, it says 94 on my truck gauge. All the beaches will be packed especially Rincon. We are planning to do day trips to Emma wood beach right off the 1, just outside the campground.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:

YA THINK!

I was actually thinking about heading to Ventura but it's hot there too and no A/C. How hot is it in Ox's Nard?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
nayther wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
Too hot? Hummm yea stay home! I ride in the early morning come back shower kick it in the AC mess around take the dog for a walk read and so on then go on a sunset ride as well. And always kick it by the fire even if it's too HOT.

Tried that once on a Memorial day weekend, didn't get much riding in.

They say this hot spell is going to hang around through the weekend, will be SCORCHING in the des.

I was just out at Baldy Mesa this Saturday we were on the trails at 6:30 had Breakfast at Mountain Top Cafรฉ did a quick 30 mile loop loaded and got home before noon. It can be done and it wasn't too HOT !

Indeed it can, my son and a couple club members did 70 miles out of Adelanto Saturday. Breakfast at 6:00, on the trail by 7:30. Loaded and heading home by noon.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
Too hot? Hummm yea stay home! I ride in the early morning come back shower kick it in the AC mess around take the dog for a walk read and so on then go on a sunset ride as well. And always kick it by the fire even if it's too HOT.

They say this hot spell is going to hang around through the weekend, will be SCORCHING in the des.

I was just out at Baldy Mesa this Saturday we were on the trails at 6:30 had Breakfast at Mountain Top Cafรฉ did a quick 30 mile loop loaded and got home before noon. It can be done and it wasn't too HOT !
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
It looks like fuel prices are going to spike too. Between the holiday weekend and Harvey, it looks like it's going to be an expensive weekend to burn dinosaurs.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
Looks like we might be going out labor day weekend - dove springs or Charlie's place. Where is everyone else headed?

Still too hot for the desert for us, staying home.

They are a young family, heat doesn't bother them as much as us old folks.

I would like to meet eDBUBz and family, tried in the past, but we are in out of the country during this time.

Have fun.

Right on! One of these days we'll meet up.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
My wrist needs some twist therapy,but the desert is still too hot for us, I'm thinking of going on a day trip up to crab flats in the San Bernardino maintains should be cooler up there.

Now everyone well be up there!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus