cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dry camping ideas for Bangor Maine

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart, Cracker Barrel? Where is the best place for one night while on our way to Bar Harbor area?

Thanks
Olcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra
6 REPLIES 6

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
Ellsworth Walmart is 13 miles from Bar Harbor and over nightig is allowed. Its on your way in from Bangor. Make sure you talk to the manager.

Spoke to the manager, he is more than happy to have us.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Ellsworth Walmart is 13 miles from Bar Harbor and over nightig is allowed. Its on your way in from Bangor. Make sure you talk to the manager.
Dennis Hoppert

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
loggenrock wrote:
Bangor is only about an hour or so from Bar Harbor - can you not get in to your site that day? There is a Walmart Supercenter in Ellsworth, ME, right on the way to Bar Harbor. I've never bothered to use it, but usually see RV's in there. RVParky shows it allows overnights. There's also a Wallyworld in Bangor - same deal. ST

Unfortunately we cannot get in our site early. Ellsworth sounds like a plan.

Thanks,
Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Bangor is only about an hour or so from Bar Harbor - can you not get in to your site that day? There is a Walmart Supercenter in Ellsworth, ME, right on the way to Bar Harbor. I've never bothered to use it, but usually see RV's in there. RVParky shows it allows overnights. There's also a Wallyworld in Bangor - same deal. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
If you're headed up 9, just east of Beddington there's the Mopang Pulloff. I stayed there for a night last year. Fair amount of traffic but only one other overnighter.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years but, we overnighted at the Walmart along Route 1A just east of Bangor.
There were several RV's in the west lot. I would do it again.
Check the location on Google Maps.