cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Curt vs B&W

Madfun119
Explorer
Explorer
I have a F350 Super Duty with the puck system. Seeing great reviews for both. Curt appears considerably less expensive.
50 REPLIES 50

oakmandan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a B&W. American made in Kansas!
Dan and Diann
Hank the Havanese
2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
2015 Ford F-250 FX-4 6.2 Gas
MORryde Step Above Steps
MORryde Pin Box

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, great choice. I would have done the same.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good choice, it's an excellent hitch.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Doughboy12
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
nscaler2 wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
Showme 5vr wrote:
No experience with Curt but I do have a B&W, would not trade it!

X2

X3
I'm very happy with my B&W hitch, and have been for the past 11 years. I like the fact that they are totally American made. Needed new U bolts (my fault) they sent me new ones no charge. Actually talked to a real human English speaking person on the phone. Customer service A+++.

You're going to need new u-bolts about every 7-8 times you remove your hitch. Those d@mn nylock nuts eventually bind up and you have to just twist them off. (Be sure you have a breaker bar handy!) I've got 2 sets of new bolts on the shelf, but I keep any old ones I feel I could get 1 or 2 more uses out of. Frankly, I should just toss the old nylock nuts and buy new ones and that would give me another 2 sets of u-bolts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle

Wait What? You should almost never "need" new u-bolts. Nylocks on the other hand are a one time use item that people reuse with good results all the time.

Madfun119
Explorer
Explorer
Got it folks. Ordered the B&W right after Harvey. Should be in any day now.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bigg Al wrote:
I think RCMANS explanation makes more sense than yours does, FJ. Why was the trailer rolling over if it was still hitched to the truck which wasn't rolling over? An extreme evasive maneuver makes more sense for why the hitch broke and the trailer ended up on its side.
It's amazing how much product loyalty is used to skew the opinion of others even though there is no reward for that loyalty. Curt or B&W, to each his own.
Have you actually gone and read the account of what happened? The driver performed two severe swerves to avoid traffic and he lost control of the truck/trailer and it started to roll over, both truck and trailer.

Read the account and maybe you'll have a better understanding of what happened.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bigg_Al
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
That seems to be at odds from what I read. Which was the trailer started to roll over taking the truck with it. The hitch released which kept the truck from going on over.

But perhaps you were there and saw the whole thing?

I think RCMANS explanation makes more sense than yours does, FJ. Why was the trailer rolling over if it was still hitched to the truck which wasn't rolling over? An extreme evasive maneuver makes more sense for why the hitch broke and the trailer ended up on its side.
It's amazing how much product loyalty is used to skew the opinion of others even though there is no reward for that loyalty. Curt or B&W, to each his own.
Tow Vehicle:
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW Laramie Crew Cab
6.7 Cummins Diesel

Race Car:
Pro Mod 1969 Chevelle
Jerry Bickel Chassis
525ci BAE Hemi Twin Turbocharged
3 Speed Lenco Transmission
Best E.T. 5.62 seconds at 265 mph

Take me to your Golf Course!!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
As President of the "B&W HeavyWeight FanBoy Club" I can attest NOTHING in this world is perfect but the B&W is about as close to PERFECTION as it gets! :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
RCMAN46 wrote:

There was no rollover.

It was a simple case of an evasive maneuver and the head of the B&W disconnected and was snagged on the truck bed which caused the trailer to land on it's side.
That seems to be at odds from what I read. Which was the trailer started to roll over taking the truck with it. The hitch released which kept the truck from going on over.

But perhaps you were there and saw the whole thing?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
I do not believe I have seen a Curt do this.

In a rollover, all bets are off.

Lyle

There was no rollover.

It was a simple case of an evasive maneuver and the head of the B&W disconnected and was snagged on the truck bed which caused the trailer to land on it's side.

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
B&W

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
nscaler2 wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
Showme 5vr wrote:

X2

X3
I'm very happy with my B&W hitch, and have been for the past 11 years. I like the fact that they are totally American made. Needed new U bolts (my fault) they sent me new ones no charge. Actually talked to a real human English speaking person on the phone. Customer service A+++.

You're going to need new u-bolts about every 7-8 times you remove your hitch. Those d@mn nylock nuts eventually bind up and you have to just twist them off. (Be sure you have a breaker bar handy!) I've got 2 sets of new bolts on the shelf, but I keep any old ones I feel I could get 1 or 2 more uses out of. Frankly, I should just toss the old nylock nuts and buy new ones and that would give me another 2 sets of u-bolts. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

nscaler2
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:
Showme 5vr wrote:

X2

X3
Vanleigh Vilano 325RL
w/Mor/ryde pin box
Mor/Ryde IS suspension with hydraulic disk brakes and never lube bearings
Goodyer G rated tires
2011 GMC 3500HD CC Lb
B&W turnover w/Companion

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
JeffPhillips wrote:
I have a 2017 F350 4x4 and pull a Jayco Pinnacle with a MORryde pin box. Curt says the problem is they are both set in rubber and they are fighting each other when hooking up. I am also getting some chucking too. To those that see I have just used it 4 times
I have owned two other fifth wheels but had a Reese hitch and never had problems like this.

I have a 2017 Ford F350 too, along with a MorRyde pinbox on my 5er with a Curt Q25 and have no issues with it. No issues hitching and have a very good ride when pulling rig.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4