cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reese 16K hitch issue

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
I've had this hitch for 10 years and it's getting so it just flops around in the back of my truck when not in use. Side to side and front to back. Didn't do that new. It makes it difficult to both hitch and unhitch since it's difficult to keep the pressure off the jaws. You have to extend the landing gear to raise the pin box off the hitch, back up to release the pressure but then the hitch moves and the angle is wrong to be able to release. Then it's retract the landing gear to even things out so the the jaws will release, then extend again to drive out.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
filrupmark wrote:
We had a 9 year old well used Reese 16K slider. Same thing it just got loose and sloppy. Began to make a lot of noise. Replaced it with a B&W Patriot. Very nice hitch.

Yup...OP needs to replace, and the Patriot is a great choice, for a rail mount. Good price too! Check E-trailer, or Tweety's.

Jerry

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 9 year old well used Reese 16K slider. Same thing it just got loose and sloppy. Began to make a lot of noise. Replaced it with a B&W Patriot. Very nice hitch.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
ericosmith wrote:
I've had this hitch for 10 years and it's getting so it just flops around in the back of my truck when not in use. Side to side and front to back. Didn't do that new. It makes it difficult to both hitch and unhitch since it's difficult to keep the pressure off the jaws. You have to extend the landing gear to raise the pin box off the hitch, back up to release the pressure but then the hitch moves and the angle is wrong to be able to release. Then it's retract the landing gear to even things out so the the jaws will release, then extend again to drive out.

Any suggestions?

Throw your old hitch away and buy a new one:):)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.reeseprod.com/products/fifth-wheels/replacement-parts/5da26gEDqm!7R5sFlZDvn1Xwje48kqhQ
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31