cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If you could choose a tt

Camper76
Explorer
Explorer
If you could choose a trailer would you choose passport, jayco jay flight or outback?
Happy Camping
13 REPLIES 13

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
None of the above. My choice would be Bigfoot. More bang for the buck

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
I chose the Jayco again. I insist on a rack and pinion slide mechanism over hydraulic or cable. I like the chassis better with it's integrated A frame tongue. We like the furniture inside as well better than the others we looked at. So far we haven't been disappointed.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Camper76
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like we are going with the Jayco jay flight slx

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I just chose a Jayco in June of this year. Unfortunately, I've only been able to take it out but once. I will make up for that beginning Labor Day weekend, when we will spend 32 nights in it in just a two month span.

Only time and use will let me know if I made the right choice or not.

I got the Jayco Jay Flight 23RB because the floor plan suited us. It feels a lot larger inside than our old Skyline Koala 21CS. The 21CS only had a 2-3 person sofa on a slide for sitting. The Jayco 23RB has a 2-3 person sofa plus a 4 seat dinette.

My new trailer is brand new, the first new RV I've ever owned. The old trailer was one year old. But for some reason or other, I feel the 23RB is mine. Maybe for the 21CS, I just kind of felt it was just a place marker until I got what I really wanted.

In any case, I've done some modifications and add on to the 23RB, that I never did to the other RV's I've owned. Unfortunately, because of this, I've peeled back some layers of the Jayco, and I've seen where the build speed of these trailers shows up. There are fit and finish items just under the skin of the trailer that you would not notice unless you peeled back some layers.

I'm just hoping that the chassis, floor, wall framing, and roof are solid. The other stuff I can deal with.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
My next trailer will be a Northwoods Arctic Fox for durability and 4 season use.
If you are looking for bunkbeds, the Northwoods Nash 25C has a Gross Dry Weight of 5700# and Dry Hitch of 555#. I estimate after loading 1000# into it, it'll have a hitch weight of 850 to 900#. The gross vehicle weight of this TT is 8000# and a net carry capacity of 2300#. Which tells me it's built heavy duty.
When going this heavy for a 1/2 ton TV, a good hitch is a must. Consider a ProPride or Hensley hitch.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our Jayco for 4 years now and have only had minor issues with it. With the help of this forum and the Jayco owners forum (separate website) I have resolved every issue I have encountered and I've never had to return to the dealer for repair. Do your homework and don't buy a trailer too large for your truck.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Do research they might tell you anything to sell it

Camper76
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Jay Flight. 2 year warranty.

Just found out my ram 1500 might not be able to tow it. But I'm calling jayco today

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
In did choose.... I love my passport! It's your turn now so choose the one you like best.
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Flight. 2 year warranty.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If it were free, just like rbpru I'd pick the most suitable floor plan. If I had to pay, none of the above.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I would choose the one that has the proper floor plan, can be towed by my TV and has a price I can afford. The rest is mostly personal preference.

Of the three floor plan remains when all else if forgotten or accepted.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.