cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eclipse - Thermopolis,Wyo.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
We were just wondering if anyone was in Thermopolis for the eclipse? We just left the Wyo. Dinosaur Center, and they've been really busy all day.They also had an "after business hours" get together, good food and a little local band. Thermopois is much like many other towns....lots of people here for the lunar event!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl
4 REPLIES 4

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
How did y'all like the traffic this afternoon/evening leaving the area? Saw a picture of the interstate near Douglas - ouch! Resembled Chicago rush hour.

Thankfully we only live 18 miles from Thermopolis. While the trip toward Worland had much heavier traffic than is normal, we set the cruise at 65 mph and headed home

My stepson left Thermopolis at noon, and as of now (20:15 hrs.) They have not yet gotten to Evanston, Wy. Still at least 30 minutes out!
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
How did y'all like the traffic this afternoon/evening leaving the area? Saw a picture of the interstate near Douglas - ouch! Resembled Chicago rush hour.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Issac-1, Hope you enjoy the Douglas area. The little band mentioned started off with a Cajun tune. They did pretty good! I requested something from Jimmy C. Newman or Doug Kershaw! Made me a little homesick.... Grew up in Zachary and when not in school, all my time was in Turkey Creek.
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
We were in Thermopolis 2 nights ago, now at a hunting camp with limited RV hookups, and a number of tent campers in the hills about 15 miles SW of Douglas near the centerline.