cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof on my ToyHauler

Kevin40
Explorer
Explorer
The roof on my 2006 Megalite 23Lt is showing its age. What can I use to seal it? I did notice a a small tear (about 2-3") where it folds over the side. any info what to use will be appreciated. Also are those roof vent covers worth while to install? I'm talking about the MaxxAir type or similar. Thank you again in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend vent covers. A buddy of mine parked his unit in a storage area and left one vent slightly open. High wind ripped it off and it rained in for two months. Totaled his unit.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the cheaper vent covers... well worth it...

keeps vents open during hard rain and no fear of water entering.
parked or going down the road.

my trailer has 3 vents. all have the covers now.

I just pressure washed my roof... may need to over-coat it soon..
collecting information of types of products.

nmhuntr
Explorer
Explorer
Both products work well. Dont make the mistake I made with mine. I thought I has EDPM and I had TPO. Same product used but prep is slightly different to help ensure adhesion.
2005 Fleetwood Pioneer ASV 180FK
2018 Ford F-150 3.5 EB 3.55s

Badhabt
Explorer
Explorer
the dicor self leveling lap sealant is good stuff too if you need to go around any vents, antennas etc. just clean off the old and apply new. I have a dicor roof.
06 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Dually Tow Boss
07 Raptor 3612DS
06 Raptor 700R 50th Anniv Edition - mine
06 Wolverine 450 - wifes
13 Can Am Spyder ST-Limited - more mine
14 Can Am Spyder RT-S - more hers

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Use Eternabond to seal any rips in your roof. Clean well before applying.
I restored my rubber roof last year coating it with Heng's Rubber Roof Coating. It's easy to apply and does not need a primer. Again, clean well before applying.
I would not replace the roof unless it was in very poor condition. Coating it makes more sense.

I think the vent covers are worth installing. I leave my vents open all summer and have never had a problem.